External Tuner Hookup Help

raxter

this was probably addressed in the old forum, but how do i hook up my external rack mount tuner the to axe.

Thanks for your help.

do a split before it hits it (axess bs2)? or use a switcher with a loop that sends to tuner with no return (will give you a tune mute as well).

...or you put an FX loop in your patches in serial and you activate it via CC, so that when you route the signal to output 2, output 1 is muted (this would be the 0 tone loss solution)

dpeterson said:
do a split before it hits it (axess bs2)? or use a switcher with a loop that sends to tuner with no return (will give you a tune mute as well).

You can still assign a IA button to the axe-fx tuner so you can mute when you are tuning, but you will be able to tune w/o muting as well.

javajunkie said:
dpeterson said:

You can still assign a IA button to the axe-fx tuner so you can mute when you are tuning, but you will be able to tune w/o muting as well.

OP, I have it setup this way on my GCP. Works great.

Thanks guys for your replies, but i'm still new at this so a couple of follow-up questions... (I've been out so sorry for my delay.)

Mr. dpeterson, i'm sorry but when you say do a splitt before it hits it - do you mean use a splitter cable or something? And, what is a "bs2"? And the switcher idea, do you mean a a/b box or something on the floor?

And Hunter you said "...or you put an FX loop in your patches in serial and you activate it via CC, so that when you route the signal to output 2, output 1 is muted (this would be the 0 tone loss solution)
...or you put an FX loop in your patches in serial and you activate it via CC, so that when you route the signal to output 2, output 1 is muted (this would be the 0 tone loss solution)"

I'm would like to be able to look from across the room and see my tuner without having to hit a button, would this solution allow that? So you say put an FX loop in one of the rows in the signal chain and activate via CC, what is CC?

Thanks again guys.

Mr Dpeterson, i discovered what a BS2 is and so i would have to run my guitar into that first and then into the axe, right or could i put that thing in my rack and run it between the axe and the pwr amp? thanks again.

raxter said:
Mr Dpeterson, i discovered what a BS2 is and so i would have to run my guitar into that first and then into the axe, right or could i put that thing in my rack and run it between the axe and the pwr amp? thanks again.

guitar-bs2-one split to axe, the other to the tuner.

javajunkie said:
raxter said:

guitar-bs2-one split to axe, the other to the tuner.

My ideal solution now would be a BS2 put into a 1/2 rack with the input in the back to come from the X2, then have an output jack on the front so I can use a short jumper cable to the axe fx. Then in the back have an output that would go to the Tuner / Whatever else I wanted (backup rig or something - need to order the Axe FX Extreme)..... :)

Back
Top Bottom