External switches: Normally closed, tuner activation

Kamil Kisiel

Power User
I'm trying to use a dual external footswitch with my FC-6 for tap tempo and tuner so that those functions are available regardless of what layout I'm in. Two problems:

1. My footswitch is normally closed, and this seems to mess with the global tap-tempo function, the tempo updates when I release the switch and it doesn't result in an accurate tempo setting. I can't find if/where it's possible to tell the Axe-FX that it's using an NC instead of NO switch.
2. In the MIDI/Remote menu the options for Tuner are only 1-127 and NONE, there doesn't seem to be a way to assign the function to any other footswitch. Is this due to some limiation or is it just missing because nobody asked for it yet?

I can't answer #1.
For #2 there are options for external controllers to be selected. If you are on the Channels Tab you can turn the dial to the right and you will see them.

If you are on the Channels Tab you can turn the dial to the right and you will see them.
The channels tab doesn't have the tuner, that's in the OTHER tab. Turning the dial right does nothing until you turn it a few times and then it jumps to 1. Turning it left scrolls through 1 - 127 in reverse.

FWIW....I'd love the tuner to be able to be toggled by an external switch. I fully realize it can be done in the FC's (-6 in my case), and currently I do have it set as a hold function on the unit.
But I really want to free up all the onboard switches as, in my head anyway, the tuner is enough of a separate function, compared to any typical performance functions, that it would warrant giving it it's own little spot/switch. I have one of those little single latching switches that would be perfect.
Can I call this an official wish list item?:)

No I didn't...thought just adding to a similar thread might work.
But yeah, makes sense to isolate the specific request...and will do.

Reactions: Rex
Back
Top Bottom