Bug? Ext Ctrl 1 Init Val - not working

Diego48

Even if I set it to 0%, it keeps resulting all the way up (100%) when not connected.

For Ext Ctrl 2 it works properly.

--EDIT--
Same problem with EXT CTRL 2

Last edited:
Is Ext Ctrl 1 set to an FX8 pedal port, rather than a MIDI CC? The Axe-FX is like this too. Init. value is irrelevant for Pedal 1/2 and the value gets read as 100% with no pedal connected.

Is Ext Ctrl 1 set to an FX8 pedal port, rather than a MIDI CC? The Axe-FX is like this too. Init. value is irrelevant for Pedal 1/2 and the value gets read as 100% with no pedal connected.

That seems useful when using a pedal for volume, and not useful at all whatsoever when using a pedal for expressive type stuff, like toe-down is much thicker verb and delay. The gig where you forget your expression pedal or it stops working, yikes.

The solution for that scenario now would be to change the Ext Ctrl to "none" then adjust Init Values. No reboot necessary, on Axe-FX at least.

Your workaround works. If I set Ext Ctrl to none, then I can set the Init Value properly.
But I think it's a stupid thing... it shoud recognize by itself when pedal is connected or not, and if it's not connected it should set the value properly. If the hardware isn't able to understand if a jack is plugged in (but it shouldn't be), then when powering up, the software should use the Init Value until a signal is received from the pedal.
It makes no sense that I have to change it manually every time I connect or not the control pedal.

Back
Top Bottom