Expression pedals with switch

lebihanj said:
1 TRS from pedal out to the Midi Mate. This should allow the Midi Mate to convert the continuous analog signal from the pedal to MIDI and send MIDI to the Axe-FX. Then a mono (TS) cable from the switch out to one of the foot switch ports on the Axe-FX. Setup the port via the Axe-FX software for latching switch, and you should be good to go. I haven't tested with a Midi Mate so I am not sure what polarity it requires. If it is reversed from the Axe-FX, you will either want to order the SP-1R option with the polarity toggle switch, or I can provide you with instructions on how to hard rewire the pedal for reversed polarity.

Just bought one on ebay with the reverse polarity switch add on. I am guessing that when the Fractal MFC controller comes out that I will just run 2 cables from the CC pedal into the 1 & 2 exp pedal input slots on the floorboard and that will work. Is the pedal labeled so I know which cord goes where?

I'll talk to Fractal and see if I can get a spec for the foot switch inputs on the MFC so I'm ready when it arrives.

That's perfect man! Just what I was looking for. My friend had actually linked me that auction and was on my way over here to update my post :lol:

Just a quick question though, are the shells pre-drilled when you get them? Just wondering if I could get one with the jacks on the top so it would be easier to run it into a controller and have it all nice and neat in a pedal board.

The chassis are cast with the holes at the side. I can do both jacks on the left side though which makes a fairly neat wiring job. I've had a couple of requests for jacks at the top. It's a little tight for space up there very close to the switch body. I'll talk with my metal shop about a modification and try to offer it as an option in future.

Yep. Perfect. Just include those details with your ebay payment and we'll be good. After I get the order, I'll email you out a confirmation with the options so you'll have a chance to check I got them right or change anything you need to. I'm still waiting on the switches to be delivered from my supplier so it'll be a few days before I can ship the finished pedal, but they are usually pretty fast.

Hey lebihanj -

Can I change my recent ebay order to get both jacks on the left as well? I didn't know it was an option.

Sure. I'll change the order to both jacks on left and send you a revised confirmation. I'll update the ebay listing to include this.

Back
Top Bottom