Expression pedal problem

I’ve had a FM9T for a few months. It’s definitely a love / hate relationship. Great tones, terrible navigation.

Latest problem: Expression pedal calibration. I’ve read the manual and watched videos. It seems to calibrate, you need to go to SETUP / I/O / PEDALS. However, I can’t find a PEDALS tab under I/O. Photos below.

I have hit every button a thousand times. What am I missing?

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_5001.jpeg
    IMG_5001.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5002.jpeg
    IMG_5002.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5003.jpeg
    IMG_5003.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 11
When I hit Enter from the Setup screen on I/O, I can view three pages. None are Pedals. Photos attached.

Attachments

• IMG_5006.jpeg
    IMG_5006.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5007.jpeg
    IMG_5007.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_5008.jpeg
    IMG_5008.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
It might help to follow the instructions on p. 10 in the manual for Expression Pedal connections and calibration.

The navigation from the front panel is literally:
  1. press the HOME button
  2. press SETUP (press the E knob)
  3. scroll to I/O (turn the Value wheel or use the NAV up/down arrows)
  4. press the ENTER button or the A knob
  5. press the Page >> button (beneath the NAV arrows) to move three pages to PEDAL
The configuration for expression pedals connected directly to the FM9 on its back panel using the PEDAL 1, PEDAL 2 and PEDAL 3 1/4" jacks are set on that page.

Expression pedals connected to an external FC are set up using the instructions in the FC Owner's Manual.

Last edited:
FYI: I’ve used modelers for thousands of shows over the years, beginning with the Boss GT6. The FM9 is the best sounding, but least user friendly device I’ve used. Just reporting my experience

Thank you all again for the help!

FYI: I’ve used modelers for thousands of shows over the years, beginning with the Boss GT6. The FM9 is the best sounding, but least user friendly device I’ve used. Just reporting my experience

Thank you all again for the help!
Yes definitely not the easiest user interface (a bit like the SAP system I use at work:mad:)..But once you've busted through all the oddities it's a very good system sound wise and worth the effort (unlike SAP)

Back
Top Bottom