Expression calibration problem

jimmynorrisjr

Experienced
I have an EV-1 and an EV-2 plugged into my Axe. When running the calibration, there is no movement. The calibration works fine on the FC-12 Pedal 1-4 with the same pedals and cables. Any assistance?

If it works fine in the FC then that rules out it being a problem with the EV. That suggests that you are using a different TRS cable directly to the AXE FX that is faulty, or... are you definitely plugging into the correct socket? I know it sounds obvious but in the past I've had to I.T. troubleshoot and that's sometimes what it was even though I'd been assured 'of course it is right'.

I have been using the expression pedals through the FC-12 pretty much since I have had this unit. I am finally at the point where I am trying to use them through the af3 again. I have found that the pedals work, however the calibration does not seem to work.

When viewing Setup>IO>Pedal ... I see 2 light blue bars labeled pedal 1/2 pre cal and pedal post cal for each expression pedal input. I have each set to continuous. When I press enter to calibrate, the screen displays the Move pedal 1/2 through the range of motion enter = finished exit = cancel.

When running this procedure from the Setup>FC Contollers>Remote, there is a white bar that moves left and right across a line, when the pedal is moved back and forth. This shows the full range of the pedal.

When running this procedure from the Setup>IO>Pedal, the white bar and line are not displayed. Only the red instructions are visible. I am assuming that the pedal is not calibrating properly. Does it look the same for everyone else? Or am I supposed to see the white bar and line in both sections?

This is an Axe-fx 3 mkii Turbo unit running 23.05 Release, USB 1.15, FPGA 16. I have 4 different EV-1 pedals and several TRS cables I have tried. All work as expected from the FC, but not from the Af3 directly.

I assume it does not calibrate correctly because the factory presets that have the expression pedals assigned to wah, vol, etc behave funky with the pedals not plugged in. If I go to the midi remote section and set the initial values to 0% or 100% it doesn't make a difference on af3 pedal 1/2, but works as expected for FC-12 pedal 1-4.

Do I need to send this unit in to support? What would you guys do next?

i believe the Pedal screen does not show the white bar that moves left and right like the FC screen does. just follow the instructions and press enter when done.

the pedal jacks operate differently than the fc jacks when pedals aren't plugged in. Intitial Values only work for MIDI or the FC controllers, not the built in pedal ports.

I was hoping this was the case. I guess what I really need to do is make a wish request for these screens, and for the expression initial values to function the same to prevent further confusion. Thank you for confirming. I feel like I am not crazy now, or that my unit is not broken.

I really don't know how to even pitch this in a way that will be clear. Maybe it is not even possible for the pedal jacks on the af3 to function the same way as the FC pedal jacks, regarding the initial values. ugh ... Am I the only one who finds this to be a problem?

I really don't know how to even pitch this in a way that will be clear. Maybe it is not even possible for the pedal jacks on the af3 to function the same way as the FC pedal jacks, regarding the initial values. ugh ... Am I the only one who finds this to be a problem?
no.

currently it cannot be changed to match, and the specific hardware acts the way it does on boot. most boot issues can be solved by changing presets then back when pedals are unplugged.

Back
Top Bottom