Exp. Pedal technical question

dk_ace

Experienced
I have a Line 6 EX 1 that I have a guy looking at for me. He is going to set it up to work with my Axe-fx (re-wire, new jacks, whatever it needs). The thing is that he needs me to tell him exactly how it needs to be setup and I'm clueless.

I know I need a stereo jack, but what else? What kind of pot, and how does it all need to be wired up?

He was asking questions in very technical language (might as well have been a foreign language), so if one of you guys could tell me what I need he can make it happen for me.

Thanks,
D

I'm double-posting this info.

Axe-Fx exp pedal wiring:
Tip - W (wiper)
Ring - CCW (counter-clockwise)
Sleeve - CW (clockwise)

Cliff hasn't ever really commented on this, but it's backwards from the way most controllers work.

FX1/GC Pro/All Access exp pedal wiring:
Ring - W (wiper)
Tip - CCW (counter-clockwise)
Sleeve - CW (clockwise)

stilwel said:

Axe-Fx exp pedal wiring:
Tip - W (wiper)
Sleeve - CW (clockwise)

Cliff hasn't ever really commented on this, but it's backwards from the way most controllers work.

Ring - W (wiper)
Sleeve - CW (clockwise)

Except for my ground control pro ;)

For whatever reason it is wired like the axe-fx, as we found out.

javajunkie said:

Still confused about that... :?:

The exp pedal jacks on the GC Pro aren't wired, they are soldered onto the circuit board.

stilwel said:
javajunkie said:

Still confused about that... :?:

The exp pedal jacks on the GC Pro aren't wired, they are soldered onto the circuit board.

I asked voodoo lab, they really didn't have an answer for me. But it works in the back of the axe-fx and on the ground control pro. Go figure!

I should have just rewired a cable rather than the pots, I might do that when I get some time. It works great though.

stilwel said:

Axe-Fx exp pedal wiring:
Tip - W (wiper)
Sleeve - CW (clockwise)

Ring - W (wiper)
Sleeve - CW (clockwise)

Interesting, I think I understand why Cliff did the other way ... Order wise it looks right. But on the other hand if you put the jack in order the other way it looks right also.

Tip - CCW
Ring -W
Sleeve- CW

Isn't that how the pots are manufactured, with the wiper tab in the center?

Back
Top Bottom