EXIVIOUS - featuring members of CYNIC & TEXTURES

Tymon

EXIVIOUS announces debut album, to be released in May 2009.

Fusionmetal - A relatively new and unexplored genre in the world of metal. Exivious marks a first to truly marry jazzfusion with metal into a coherent new style. Featuring members of legendary US prog band CYNIC and Dutch metallers TEXTURES, Exivious isn't an over the top math metal band and certainly isn't a loungy jazz combo either. But expect everything in between!

With a jazzfusion backbone Exivious uses freaky metal riffs to decorate their organic eruption of free improvisations and complex rhythms. Guitarist Tymon comments: "We finally managed to transform a vision I had a long time ago into 9 intense and fiery songs. There's an immense amount of information in there that will definitely take more than one spin in your CD player to comprehend!"

The band will release the album independently to preserve 100% creative freedom. This is not only evident in their music but also in the artwork. Their self titled debut will appear in a limited 1000 numbered copies, each single copy bundled with its own unique artwork.

An mp3 stream of the song “Waves Of Thought” is available on the Exivious website and myspace now!.

Exivious is:
Tymon (Cynic) – guitar
Michel Nienhuis (ex-Sengaia) – guitar
Robin Zielhorst (Cynic, ex-Blue Man Group) - bass
Stef Broks (Textures) – drums

www.exivious.net
www.myspace.com/exivious

First off: My apologies for the shameless self promotion! I hope you guys will dig our stuff! If there's any questions, gear related, recording related or whatever, feel free to ask. 99% of all guitars are Axe-FX.

Cheers,
Tymon

Tymon said:
EXIVIOUS announces debut album, to be released in May 2009.

Fusionmetal - A relatively new and unexplored genre in the world of metal. Exivious marks a first to truly marry jazzfusion with metal into a coherent new style. Featuring members of legendary US prog band CYNIC and Dutch metallers TEXTURES, Exivious isn't an over the top math metal band and certainly isn't a loungy jazz combo either. But expect everything in between!

With a jazzfusion backbone Exivious uses freaky metal riffs to decorate their organic eruption of free improvisations and complex rhythms. Guitarist Tymon comments: "We finally managed to transform a vision I had a long time ago into 9 intense and fiery songs. There's an immense amount of information in there that will definitely take more than one spin in your CD player to comprehend!"

The band will release the album independently to preserve 100% creative freedom. This is not only evident in their music but also in the artwork. Their self titled debut will appear in a limited 1000 numbered copies, each single copy bundled with its own unique artwork.

An mp3 stream of the song “Waves Of Thought” is available on the Exivious website and myspace now!.

Exivious is:
Tymon (Cynic) – guitar
Michel Nienhuis (ex-Sengaia) – guitar
Robin Zielhorst (Cynic, ex-Blue Man Group) - bass
Stef Broks (Textures) – drums

www.exivious.net
www.myspace.com/exivious

First off: My apologies for the shameless self promotion! I hope you guys will dig our stuff! If there's any questions, gear related, recording related or whatever, feel free to ask. 99% of all guitars are Axe-FX.

Cheers,
Tymon

song isn't showing up on myspace :cry:

But it's there on your website :lol:

Great compositions, smoking plying, tight-tight-tight. Awesome.

GREAT!
Looking forward to it. Very nice to see/hear Stef on drums, "Textures" has become one of my recent favorite bands.

Will there be concerts?
Greets,

Seb

Sweet, Tymon! Thanks for sharing! Killer stuff. Nice assortment of players too! I still need to snag Textures' latest effort on disc, myself.

Shred on,
Jeff

Haha that's great, and pretty much sums it up as well... but make it: "Crap Allan Holdsworth on a metal day".

Sounds great!

Btw: If your the one with the wild curly hair, I saw you perform with Cynic in Brussels.
Awesome concert!!

Sounds awesome! Very stong Cynic inspiration (of course) and also Martyr in there as well (please tell me you listen to them... if not go out and do so right now! :lol: )

You guys taking preorders for the new album? I'll put in my order right now :cool:

Damn sweet track! Something to finally distract me from touching myself to Traced in Air! :lol:

I'll definitely be up for a copy of the CD when it's ready. ;)

Wil curly hair, that sounds like me haha. Thanks man!

We'll start taking pre-orders March 1st if anyone's interesed.

Thanks!!

I enjoyed every thing I heard in that track, good God! If that is a prophecy of things to come then I want to see its fulfillment! :cool:

Seriously, I loved the tones, drum beats, time shifts, chord progressions, and so on. This type of stuff is right up my alley. I will buy this CD. Rock on!

That clip was very hip. I will be ordering your CD.

When I saw the description of fusion/jazz/metal I was thinking of Spiral Architect. However, I like your CD better. I can actually hear the jazz fusion. :)

Back
Top Bottom