Exact Guitar Copy!

believer

Is it possible to copy the exact sound of a guitar from a You Tube video, etc. There are several guitarists that I would like to duplicate their guitar sound (set-up), using the Axe-Fx 3. My ears are not what they used to be, so I'd like to get as close as possible. If so, how do you do it.
Thanks

I (Moke's Custom Presets) do this all of the time, when the conditions are right. Can you you give more info, links, etc.. ?
I'm trying to duplicate Larry Mitchell's lead sound, which is very close to Eric Johnson and Andy Timmons lead sounds. Larry did post his preset for the Axe-3 but I can't get his lead sound on my guitar. I know the pick ups have some variance, but my guitar and his have pretty much the same woods for the neck and the body. He play's a Knaggs custom and I have a 45 year old sunburst Strat. This is the You Tube link-https://youtu.be/22poF89iqD4. Or if that doesn't work, try

Larry Mitchell's Free Preset 'Tunnel' for the Fractal Audio Axe-Fx III and FM3.​

Thanks for replying and any help you can give.

Larry's Knaggs custom has very different single coil pickups than yours for sure. That difference will be more obvious on the cleaner sounds, but really shouldn't be all that different on the dirty tones.

This preset is also a few (6, as of today) major firmware versions old.

Last edited:
The Drives, Amps, (and maybe the Delays?) used would need to be reset. Then all of the Basic parameters, and maybe any advanced parameter that Larry may have edited, would have to be re-entered. Then (ideally) compared to the original preset on a unit running firmware 15. Or just tweaked to taste.

I would try compensating for the sonic differences in guitars in the 'Input EQ' section of the Amp blocks used, if the parameters in the 'Ideal' tab aren't enough.

Then compensate for the (most likely?) lower output of your guitar by increasing the 'Input Trim' parameter in each amp channel used. Or increase the 'Output Level' parameter in the 'Input' Block for a more "global" approach.

Is it possible to copy the exact sound of a guitar from a You Tube video, etc. There are several guitarists that I would like to duplicate their guitar sound (set-up), using the Axe-Fx 3. My ears are not what they used to be, so I'd like to get as close as possible. If so, how do you do it.
Thanks
Here are some presets and cabs from LM . They are Axe II XL+ presets. You can convert them to Axe III via fracpad. Hopefully this helps you.

Attachments

• 1 AC-20 LM.syx
    23.3 KB · Views: 2
  • READ_ME.pdf
    79.9 KB · Views: 3
  • 9 Deluxe Stereo LM+.syx
    34 KB · Views: 2
  • 8 6160 LM.syx
  • 7 Brit 800 LM 2.syx
    23.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 6 Brit 800 LM 1.syx
  • 5 Deluxe Dirty LM.syx
  • 4 Deluxe Clean LM.syx
    23.3 KB · Views: 3
  • 3 Plexi Jump LM.syx
  • 2 Plexi LM.syx
Here are some presets and cabs from LM . They are Axe II XL+ presets. You can convert them to Axe III via fracpad. Hopefully this helps you.

Attachments

• U0001_AC20 LM.syx
    10.6 KB · Views: 2
  • U0002_4x12 BRIT LM.syx
  • U0003_DELUXE LM.syx
According to post 3, I believe he has. Just sounds different with his guitar, and was seeking help with that. The fingers might have something to do with it too.. ;)
He mentioned a free preset called "Tunnel".

I was meaning the factory preset which is likely more current.

From the preset list (Bank C):

119 - LARRY MITCHELL NY STEAK | LARRY MITCHELL NY FM9 | LM NEW YORK STEAK FM3

He mentioned a free preset called "Tunnel".

I was meaning the factory preset which is likely more current.

From the preset list (Bank C):

119 - LARRY MITCHELL NY STEAK | LARRY MITCHELL NY FM9 | LM NEW YORK STEAK FM3
My bad. I didn't read your post completely and missed the 'Factory' part.

Thanks to all for your suggestions. I'll check out Bank C and try some of his presets from there. I have a lot of tweaking to do to try and get close, and yes, he's an awesome player!

Back
Top Bottom