EVPXM - Suggestions for getting it off the floor

SpudMan

Inspired
My basement floor, where I have my "studio" seems to have a plethora of spiders these days. I want to get the speaker off the floor but am nervous about a stand that raises it high off the floor. The ones that look like mic stands.
Does anyone have a suggestion for something that will accomplish this? It is more about protecting the speaker from critters than for sound adjustment.
Thanks!

They make "Short" stands. I have a pair and use them with my EV PXM's, Roughly half as high as traditional pole stands. I keep mine at around ear level. They are plenty solid - no worries!

Last edited:
Thanks, I was hoping for something more stable as my floor isn't particularly level either.
If your floor is approximately level, you’re good to go. Those speaker stands are tripods, and a three-point stance guarantees contact with all three legs. If your floor isn't even approximately level, how do you walk on it? :)

If your floor is approximately level, you’re good to go. Those speaker stands are tripods, and a three-point stance guarantees contact with all three legs. If your floor isn't even approximately level, how do you walk on it? :)
It isn't that bad. It is concrete and painted, and just has some uneven areas. Not bad at all though.
Thanks o the first part, I guess I can look into the shorter stands Sixstring mentioned above.

Reactions: Rex
Thanks, I was hoping for something more stable as my floor isn't particularly level either.
I personally run the Yorkville and the base can be set fairly wide. I have been running them for a few years without incident but I don't set them very high either. I set the cab about waist level and is not too bad with stability. The leg width is 25" across with the legs pushed down as far as they can go. Top of Cab height is 42"! You could set them higher but I think that would be pushing the safety boundaries.

A pic to give you an idea as too how they look on the stand.

IMG_1881.JPG

I personally run the Yorkville and the base can be set fairly wide. I have been running them for a few years without incident but I don't set them very high either. I set the cab about waist level and is not too bad with stability. The leg width is 25" across with the legs pushed down as far as they can go. Top of Cab height is 42"! You could set them higher but I think that would be pushing the safety boundaries.

A pic to give you an idea as too how they look on the stand.

View attachment 141240
I see Full Compass (who I never heard of before) is the only place to find these. Is that correct? If so, are they OK to deal with? I would have to pay shipping as the stand is under $49, but I can't really see anything else that I need that they stock.

These look pretty much like the Yorkville!

I see Full Compass (who I never heard of before) is the only place to find these. Is that correct? If so, are they OK to deal with? I would have to pay shipping as the stand is under $49, but I can't really see anything else that I need that they stock.
I'm pretty sure that where I bought them. Full compass has been around for quite a while I didn't have any issues.

They make "Short" stands. I have a pair and use them with my EV PXM's, Roughly half as high as traditional pole stands. I keep mine at around ear level. They are plenty solid - no worries!
same here. but i keep mine at about waist height

Back
Top Bottom