Ever spend three days creating a preset

Feature request: Multi-step Undo/Redo in AXE Edit. This would solve all problems described here (except for finding the right German word for a complicated matter, and the time you spend making your children), and one wouldn't have to actively remember to press the Snapshot button from time to time...

Feature request: Multi-step Undo/Redo in AXE Edit. This would solve all problems described here (except for finding the right German word for a complicated matter, and the time you spend making your children), and one wouldn't have to actively remember to press the Snapshot button from time to time...
Done right, undo has to be built into the code at a very low level. Might sound like a simple request, not it's not, especially in parallel hardware and software environments, where both are sometimes running at once, working with the same data.

When I have a great sounding patch, but want to tweak, I just save a copy of that patch to the next number up and tweak away. As has been mentioned, you end up with a bunch of em named the same. Not ideal, but first world problems, eh? ;)

Done right, undo has to be built into the code at a very low level. Might sound like a simple request, not it's not, especially in parallel hardware and software environments, where both are sometimes running at once, working with the same data.
Didn't write it was a simple request. Also, I proposed it for AXE Edit, which is a pure "software environment".

That’s pretty much how I spend all my weekends now. I get about 30 seconds of recorded material, then go into AxeEdit thinking, “I just want to smooth out some harshness, then I’ll go back to recording.”....usually starts on Friday around 8PM and ends the following Monday at 12:59AM as I realize I have to get up for work in 4 hours.

how about an automatic snapshot each time you save a preset (if there have been changes)?

How about text turns red if parameter is different than currently saved version? This way you can always Return to Zero (@2112).

Also, I proposed it for AXE Edit, which is a pure "software environment".
Might be tricky of course if edits are also done on the AXE FX itself. So, you're probably right.
The 1st statement above is not really (IMO) correct.

Axe-Edit is a client and the Axe Fx is a server. Edits are always done on the hardware when making changes on the software.

Axe-Edit doesn't work without the hardware attached ;)

Edits are always done on the hardware when making changes on the software.

Axe-Edit doesn't work without the hardware attached ;)

Still (and exactly for that reason), Axe-Edit knows about every edit on a preset as long as it is connected to the AFX3. Either when the edit is done in Axe Edit (in that case the edit is sent to the AFX3 and Axe Edit can trust that the AFX3 took it over as requested), or when it's done on the AFX3 itself (in which case Axe Edit gets notified and can update the edited state). So, to simplify things a lot, a brute force approach to this would be to store a Snapshot every time a parameter (or a set of parameters) changes, and using these Snapshots one could go back and forth in the edit history of the preset. I may be completely wrong of course.

Back
Top Bottom