Ever spend three days creating a preset

I had a preset that took a few weeks to mold exactly into exactly wanted it and deleted it because I didn't understand Scenes fully when I first got my Axe FX III. That was a tough lesson to learn. That hurt. The lesson for me was, as many of you have stated repeatedly, READ THE MANUAL. It was not a good feeling at all

Same - ear fatigue creeps in before I'm even aware of it. If I find myself cranking the gain over and over again, that's when I'm usually toast.

For me its the advanced parameters and then I've no clue what I've got the amp doing. I'm sure there must be a German word for turning a great guitar sound into junk by over tweaking an amp do stupid things.

Schadenfreudentone might be close for the casual observer

There must be other people on here that get great compliments on their playing by family members only to realise that for the last 10 minutes they've actually been listening to @2112 on YouTube.

I just smile ....

Perhaps Leon Todd could invent a German word for that too

For me its the advanced parameters and then I've no clue what I've got the amp doing. I'm sure there must be a German word for turning a great guitar sound into junk by over tweaking an amp do stupid things.

Schadenfreudentone might be close for the casual observer

you know what? There is!

it's "verschlimmbessern"

a combination of "verbessern" - to improve, and "schlimm" - awful

meaning you improve on something until it's absolute rubbish. It tells you a lot about the German psyche...

It's almost funny.... I will find a great tone and play with it for a few days and then start tot week it more and crap!

I find when I get a preset set up the way I like I make 2 or 3 copies and date them so that I can go back in time.

Reactions: ESW
When I'm going to edit something that's kinda cool already, I'll often save a copy. Downside of that is now I have 8 versions of the thing with subtle differences. To make matters worse, there's not enough room in the name to say what's different, so they're whatever1-8. Oh goody.

Thats just crazy. Didn’t even spend 3 hours making my children, and that’s combined.

6c306836ec25cb49b5f7c087a493b669.jpg.cf.jpg

Back
Top Bottom