Wish Eventide Dyna Verb

Saw that vid with Dweezil and Eventide yesterday and how he found that sound so addictive.

Isn't that simply a compressed ducking reverb though?

If he didn't make it in the Axe, I guess not or he may have duplicated it himself (or, as I think he said, simply prefers CPU for other stuff).

Do you think there is special sauce in the Eventide one?

And sure, having it as an easy option doesn't hurt. I've become curious to play it myself now.

Last edited:
Saw that vid with Dweezil and Eventide yesterday and how he found that sound so addictive.

Isn't that simply a ducking reverb though?

If he didn't make it in the Axe, I guess not or he may have duplicated it himself (or, as I think he said, simply prefers CPU for other stuff).

And sure, having it as an easy option doesn't hurt. I've become curious to play it myself now.
Hi, I have no idea, just would like something that makes that effect, if it’s doable in my FM9 already then that’s great.

I might need instructions on how to go about that, I need to understand what side chain is 😳
Maybe it's the wrong word, not sure. I mean that you put those FX in another parallel row so only the reverb gets compressed and this row mixes back with your dry or original further down. Reverb FX level probably should be 100% with this method. You decide how loud it is by running your lines into a mixer block further down, or probably just using some other level knob in the reverb.

Last edited:

Isn't that simply a compressed ducking reverb though?

Do you have a link to that video?

I presumed they weren’t and that was just an example image put in to the piece by Eventide, but cool if it is.

Aren't the controls under the 'ducker' settings page the one you want for Dyna-Verb like sounds?
Try these settings using the ' Ursa Major' type, with the pitch shift mix set to 0, length to about 15 sec and size to about 25.

ducker.PNG

EDIT: setting the reverb on a parallel path and mix set to 100% also helps

Aren't the controls under the 'ducker' settings page the one you want for Dyna-Verb like sounds?
Try these settings using the ' Ursa Major' type, with the pitch shift mix set to 0, length to about 15 sec and size to about 25.

View attachment 135904

EDIT: setting the reverb on a parallel path and mix set to 100% also helps
Nah, that's just a ducker. Dynaverb has an eventide omnipressor either before or after the reverb. You'd get closer with a compressor.

Back
Top Bottom