EV2 Vol Pedal with FM3 is acting strange

bchulse

Inspired
Hi,

I was working with a friends FM3.
Unusual issue with EV2 connected direct to FM3 Pedal 1 jack with TRS cable.
Pedal has been calibrated. Vol block is in line right after Amp Block.

Vol Block assigned to Pedal 1. When using pedal, Vol increases rapidly from 0-100%
in the first 20% of travel, then the volume stays full for the rest of the Pedal travel.
Then remains at 100% Vol when backing off until about 20% from off, then rapidly
decreases to 0%. So all the Vol Inc/Dec happens in the first 20% of pedal movement.

Just for the heck of it, I inserted Vol block 2 and set it the same way. Did the same thing.

I use EV1's & EV2's all the time with my AxeII, AxeIII and FM9 with the same setup
and have never seen this behavior. Any ideas why the pedal is not increasing/decreasing
Vol in a linear manner?

BTW, I did not have another pedal handy to see if it was the pedal itself.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Make sure you're using the expression jack on your EV-2.

Make sure you're using a TRS cable.

Make shlure booth ends are plugged in all the way.

Any one of those things could cause what you're describing.

Hi Rex. Cable is TRS, there is only one jack on EV2 pedal.
Next time I see him, I'll swap out different TRS cables, verify connections
and try a couple other pedals.

Thanks!

Hi,

I was working with a friends FM3.
Unusual issue with EV2 connected direct to FM3 Pedal 1 jack with TRS cable.
Pedal has been calibrated. Vol block is in line right after Amp Block.

Vol Block assigned to Pedal 1. When using pedal, Vol increases rapidly from 0-100%
in the first 20% of travel, then the volume stays full for the rest of the Pedal travel.
Then remains at 100% Vol when backing off until about 20% from off, then rapidly
decreases to 0%. So all the Vol Inc/Dec happens in the first 20% of pedal movement.

Just for the heck of it, I inserted Vol block 2 and set it the same way. Did the same thing.

I use EV1's & EV2's all the time with my AxeII, AxeIII and FM9 with the same setup
and have never seen this behavior. Any ideas why the pedal is not increasing/decreasing
Vol in a linear manner?

BTW, I did not have another pedal handy to see if it was the pedal itself.

Thanks!
did you open the controller screen and make sure there was nothing crazy with anything there?

Did not dive in too deep. I'll take a look.

Thanks!
If you can't figure it out just by looking at the modifier screen, post a snap of it; there's about 15-20 parameters that can all have an effect on how the Block will react to the range of the EV. I'm sure we'll be able to figure it out together :)

Back
Top Bottom