EV1 or EV2?

the other week I was in the same position deciding between the two sizes. I decided to get the EV-1's. I have the Temple Audio Duo 34 and the EV-1's fit nicely especially cuz the 1/4" jacks are at the top allowing you to put the pedals close together
It looks like you're able to fit two EV-1s and the mission pedal on the Duo 34. Is that right? If so, that's that I want to do as well.

TBH,
Like some, I've owned an EV-1 or two in the past, but am currently considering the EV-2 for its smaller storage size off the board. My Temple board is a Duo 24, with little to spare on the left side where a Strobo-Mini and a Tap/Hold Switch reside.
I was thinking of the Aero 24+ board but realized that would require reworking my entire board, power source and module connectors. Not enough space under the Aero to accommodate a Furman AC215A, and no plans towards adding extra pedals at this time...

I have both. The EV-2 is perfectly usable, but the feel is not the same liquid smooth travel as the EV-1. My EV-2’s pot has a stepped or zippered feel to it, and isn’t smooth. I still use it more often than not.

I have both. The EV-2 is perfectly usable, but the feel is not the same liquid smooth travel as the EV-1. My EV-2’s pot has a stepped or zippered feel to it, and isn’t smooth. I still use it more often than not.

You know there is a tension adjustment on the EV-2, right?

Smooooooove might be just a screwdriver turn away....

I have an EV-1, and love it. I do a ton of swells, and the larger size makes for a smooth and very controllable motion for my foot. I also feel confident practically standing on it to shift my other foot position.

Gave it a shot. As I suspected, all it did was make the pedal looser or tighter. It did not do anything about the smoothness of the pot or gear.
Was going to suggest taking the bottom plate off and having a look around something might have moved, my EV-1 had a similar problem, the rubber spacer on the adjustment mech has dislodged. Easy fix.

Was going to suggest taking the bottom plate off and having a look around something might have moved, my EV-1 had a similar problem, the rubber spacer on the adjustment mech has dislodged. Easy fix.
It functions perfectly. Just came this way out of the box. Are you suggesting that it should feel completely smooth?

Back
Top Bottom