EV1 or EV2?

It functions perfectly. Just came this way out of the box. Are you suggesting that it should feel completely smooth?
They’re not perfectly smooth (at least mine aren’t). But it’s a perceptual thing that you quickly forget about. There is no lack of accuracy or control. Now I gig exclusively with my EV-2s.

IMO, the Ernie Ball pedals are the gold standard for smoothness, but they have issues with long-term durability, and they’re a pain in the butt to restring. I’ve been runnng my EV-2s for a couple of years, and I’ve never looked back.

It functions perfectly. Just came this way out of the box. Are you suggesting that it should feel completely smooth?
Just got a new EV-2 last week, and I understand what you mean about a slightly "grittier" feel. What was going on was that (at least on mine anyway) there was minimal lithium grease on the rack and pinion gear, causing the friction. Once I added some white lithium grease, it's now as smooth as my EB.

How do folks with big feet (size 12 and up) feel about the smaller EV-2?

While I love the size of the EV-1 under my foot I don't love the weight. I guess the middle ground in size and weight right now would be a Mission EP-1, but I'm not sure how it'd compare.

What was going on was that (at least on mine anyway) there was minimal lithium grease on the rack and pinion gear, causing the friction. Once I added some white lithium grease, it's now as smooth as my EB.
Opened mine up and there is ZERO lubrication. I'm going to find some lithium grease and apply.

Opened mine up and there is ZERO lubrication. I'm going to find some lithium grease and apply.
Added appropriate amount of lithium grease to the teeth of the gears that contact each other. This did nothing. I think the roughness of this pedal compared to the EV-1 is just due to the way these particular gears mesh. Note that this is an EV-2 from the most recent batch. Maybe something has changed?

what I like about the EV-2 is it makes my feet look extra large ;) But i love the long throw on the EV-1's for my wookie feet.

But i love the long throw on the EV-1's for my wookie feet.
But... they’re the same throw. Your foot goes through the same angular sweep on both the EV-1 and the EV-2. Though you may feel more in control when both your toes and your heel make contact with the EV-1’s longer pedal. And if your shoe is stiff enough, even that doesn’t matter.

The EV2 is great. Very portable. Easier to transport. Easier to attach to a board if you use one. I have size 10-11 feet. The EV2's smaller size is not an issue for me.
The EV-2 saves space on the pedalboard, and is very comfortable to use.

Back
Top Bottom