EV Live X 112p x 2

symphx

Fractal Fanatic
Ok bit the bullet, for the money and the reviews seems the best thing out there for frfr in my budget, and use, could gig with em, using in my bedroom to shred the neighborhood. Figured 2 was a must, check ebay for great deals under 500 each. hope this is it for purchases for a while.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two of these things would be loud as hell if desired!!! They sound great turned down as well. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how well these things perform. They really do sound great IMO. I look forward to reading about them once you've got them dialed in.

I've got two of 'em, and they ARE loud as hell, if you want them to be!

rhequiem, did you ever buy a 2nd one? I know you were thinking about it at one time.

Oh, and I figured out the source of the skunk-weed smell. It's the "clear coat" junk they put on the outer edge of the woofer cone. I pulled the grill off of mine, and stuck 'em in the bright sunlight last Saturday for most of the day while we stained our deck, in hopes the sun would burn off some of the stank. It did help some.

I didn't end up buying a second one because the band I'm in decided to buy a new PA, and guess what speakers they bought for it? hehe

2 ELX 112s and 2 ELX Subs! I haven't plugged in to the whole shibang yet, but plan on it before or after practice sometime to see if I can knock all 4 walls down hehe

Got mine about a week ago and have a second on the way. At the price point I doubt they can be beat. Really nice little speakers!!!!

I just ordered one off eBay. B-stock for $475 shipped (authorized dealer w/ full 4 year warranty). Looking forward to trying it out.

Damn I wish someone would buy my last tube amp so I can grab one of these to test out... Good to hear everyone is digging these!

Dooooooooooooooooooooogh!!! returned axe day 14/15

:eek:ops;):D:|:lol well my helpful live x friends, I got frickin lucky. My 2 live x come tomorrow, but I sent back my ultra today. sweet son of hayseuss. I almost feel like I won, well not quite the lottery but maybe bingo or a friendly 7 texas holdem back yard tournement.

So for all that care, I bought the ultra day before a 7 day vacation got home, had few days to play it, then last night at the symphony x concert I decide to see if the countdown included eastern time in sri lanka (Im in sf) and sure and begorra, I was in shock and panic. while wild metal is playing Im texting fractal for an rma number. wake up in a dream and panic this am, 6:30 am got the number. Now no axe and 2 monitors. I will let you all know how they sound when I get the new one. Dont shed any tears for me, jk. I got as my 93 year old grandfather says a flucky. (got off lucky), thanks again for all your help guys, I cant wait to rock. back to the peavey vypyr 120 tube.

Got my 112p. Had some time to play with it and it's a solid speaker for the price. If you're looking for something on the cheap, this is by far the best $500 PA speaker I've tried.

Back
Top Bottom