EV-2 Uses?

bosox0912

Any other ideas on how to use a single EV-2 pedal? I currently only have it to engage wah, but would like to use it for other things if possible!! Thanks for the ideas in advance!

Basically any parameter than has a yellow dot can be controlled, and you can also have multiple parameters all controlled at once, inverse with each other etc

I like increasing rotary speed and rotary mix level at the same time.

Sky is

I like increasing rotary speed and rotary mix level at the same time.

I like that, making it basically like a univibe. Another use I have used a lot on my Ultra is assigning multiple effects mix to an exp pedal. That turns a preset from just being preset 1 to preset 1 and 2 to get a smoother transition especially good for lead patches pumping up the volume, delay mix, and reverb. Also, a little whammy is always a fun twist.

I use a couple EV-2s with my MFC-101 Mark III and Axe-FX II XL+.

One is always set to control global volume. I use the other for a variety of things in different presets. The configuration I use the most is to switch between clean/distortion amps.

In some presets I use one amp for distortion and different one for clean. However, I find there's too much delay when switching between amps during a song, even using scenes. To mitigate the delay, I put a volume block in front of each amp and assign them both to the same EV-2. The volumes are set opposite of each other--one set for 0-100% and the other for 100-0%. This allows me to blend between the two amps. I have the option of switching near instantaneously (as fast as I can rock the pedal) or dragging it out for effect.

I use a couple EV-2s with my MFC-101 Mark III and Axe-FX II XL+.

One is always set to control global volume. I use the other for a variety of things in different presets. The configuration I use the most is to switch between clean/distortion amps.

In some presets I use one amp for distortion and different one for clean. However, I find there's too much delay when switching between amps during a song, even using scenes. To mitigate the delay, I put a volume block in front of each amp and assign them both to the same EV-2. The volumes are set opposite of each other--one set for 0-100% and the other for 100-0%. This allows me to blend between the two amps. I have the option of switching near instantaneously (as fast as I can rock the pedal) or dragging it out for effect.

That‘s a cool idea. Will definitely give it a try.

I got the idea from either a G66 or Leon Todd video. Was hoping to post a link on how to configure it, but I cannot find the video now.

You will want to tweak the modifier in the volume blocks to adjust the slopes. By default, the slope is linear. By adjusting your mid point and slope, you'll get a more logarithmic response.

Control delay times, rotary speaker rates, envelope filters, pan cabs....

Anything you'd like to reach down and twist a knob for during a performance, you can map to the pedal and use. On one prest in my Axe FX II I use a pedal to crossfade between one amp chain to another, as demonstrated in a @Cooper Carter video from a long time back. Very cool.

Control delay times, rotary speaker rates, envelope filters, pan cabs....

Anything you'd like to reach down and twist a knob for during a performance, you can map to the pedal and use. On one prest in my Axe FX II I use a pedal to crossfade between one amp chain to another, as demonstrated in a @Cooper Carter video from a long time back. Very cool.

I think that's the video I saw. Can't seem to find it now.

Sadly it won‘t be possible using that method with the FM3, as you can only have one amp block in a preset. However, it IS possible - and is something I’ve been doing for ages with ”Morphing“ presets. I’m working on some now for the FM3 which are coming along rather nicely :cool:

Sadly it won‘t be possible using that method with the FM3, as you can only have one amp block in a preset. However, it IS possible - and is something I’ve been doing for ages with ”Morphing“ presets. I’m working on some now for the FM3 which are coming along rather nicely :cool:

What do you mean by morphing preset? Using scene controllers to change the sound dramatically?

What do you mean by morphing preset? Using scene controllers to change the sound dramatically?

Using the expression pedal and mixer blocks to smoothly fade from one distinct tone to another. Here's the review of the pack I created for the Axe FX III - I'm still working on the one for the FM3 but will also do an online thing to show people how to make their own too.

I got the idea from either a G66 or Leon Todd video. Was hoping to post a link on how to configure it, but I cannot find the video now.

You will want to tweak the modifier in the volume blocks to adjust the slopes. By default, the slope is linear. By adjusting your mid point and slope, you'll get a more logarithmic response.

I'm hoping to be able to modify this for use with the FM3. I have to cut the amp block on one side since I only have one available. BTW, I play bass in a 3-piece original rock band. The ability to dirty up during guitar solo's and hard rocking song sections should help feel out some sonic space. At least that's my plan.....Here's the vid.

Last edited:
I'm hoping to be able to modify this for use with the FM3. I have to cut the amp block on one side since I only have one available. BTW, I play bass in a 3-piece original rock band. The ability to dirty up during guitar solo's and hard rocking song sections should help feel out some sonic space. At least that's my plan.....Here's the vid.

Beat me to it. Yeah that's what I was thinking. You can't have 2 amps but you can blend between two chains of blocks you can double up on.

Back
Top Bottom