EV-1 Expression Pedal Setup Problem

I have set my new EV-1 Expression pedal up and calibrated it per the instructions in the manual through my MFC-101 (XP1 Port) and Axe FX II. Every time I attach a modifier to a parameter value, the following happens:

-When the heel is all the way down (which is set to the 0 value/off position), the value shoots to the max level and kind of randomly bounces back and forth a bit. However, in any other position, the pedal works as it is supposed to. For example, the second I move it forward out of the heel position ever so slightly, it immediately syncs correctly with the value and moves it to where it should be and works fine as it press down toward the toe position.

Thus, the only position giving me problems is the is the (0 value/off) heel position. Is there something obvious I am missing here? Help!!!

I have set my new EV-1 Expression pedal up and calibrated it per the instructions in the manual through my MFC-101 (XP1 Port) and Axe FX II. Every time I attach a modifier to a parameter value, the following happens:

-When the heel is all the way down (which is set to the 0 value/off position), the value shoots to the max level and kind of randomly bounces back and forth a bit. However, in any other position, the pedal works as it is supposed to. For example, the second I move it forward out of the heel position ever so slightly, it immediately syncs correctly with the value and moves it to where it should be and works fine as it press down toward the toe position.

Thus, the only position giving me problems is the is the (0 value/off) heel position. Is there something obvious I am missing here? Help!!!

Update your MFC101 firmware
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/mfc-101-firmware-3-09-public-beta.125373/
-
Austin

No dice. Why would the reaction from the pedal in the heel position indicate a short? Just curious, I am new at this stuff.

Sounds like firmware update is the issue, but for future reference: shorting the tip to sleeve/ground is what an external switch would be doing - the jack sees it as full 100%. So a short in the jack, plug or wire can cause the behavior you describe.

When you calibrated the pedal on the MFC what was the min number and what was the max number. I would go back into setup and see what the numbers are. Try re-calabrating, what does that min number say, if it is very high sounds like something wrong in the pedal.

Another thing you could do is take the EV-1 and hook it up direct all to the Axe Fx calibrated and so on and see how it reacts.

Sounds like the pedal (might) have a bad pot.
Also contact support if you can't get it going.

Don't get discouraged! It's a pain but once it's sorted out its a great pedal I have 4 of them :) !
Two with my MFC and two with my AX8.

John

Sounds like firmware update is the issue, but for future reference: shorting the tip to sleeve/ground is what an external switch would be doing - the jack sees it as full 100%. So a short in the jack, plug or wire can cause the behavior you describe.

Thanks, firmware looks to be the problem. But I am connected via FASLINK so I guess I will need to wait until I get a MIDI cable to update, right?

Back
Top Bottom