EV-1 Calibration problem?

Vitor Mancini

Inspired
Hey guys, I need a little help here please..
Just got my silver EV-1 and I'm so excited to test it!

So I opened the manual, connected everything right, followed all the steps and it works.. kinda..

Everytime I attach the EV-1 to a modifier of a parametter, it goes from 0 to about 25% of the travel and back to 0 while I just got from heel to toe position.. and then, from toe to heel, same thing happens, it goes from 0 to 25% and back to 0..

The expected beahvior was 0 - 100% (heel to toe) and then 100% - 0 (toe to heel)..

I suspected I did something wrong in the calibration step (I/O menu) so I tried to do the calibration again, but same result..

Any ideas? Sorry, I never used an Exp pedal along with the Axe..

Thanks! =)

what kind of cable are you using? where is it plugged into on the EV1 and where on the axe?

It's connected to the Expression input in the EV-1 and to the Pedal jack in the back of the Axe..
I'm using a Mogami Platinum to connect it to the Axe..

This one:
9999-01929-2.jpg

Attachments

• Products2624-1200x1200-132230.jpg
    Products2624-1200x1200-132230.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 23
Everything is fine!
Thanks Chris for the help and fast response!
And sorry for the newbie mistake =)

Admin can delete the thread if needed! =)

Another noob here.
I was having a similar issue so after reading this post I ordered the trs cable from fractal. I just got the cable in and...
I have about 1/4 inch of movement in the pedal from 0 -100%.
It doesn't matter if I'm using it for vol or wah.
When I go to the modifier screen it's the same, I barely move the pedal and it's at 100% or 0%.
Any hints would be great thanks.

Another noob here.
I was having a similar issue so after reading this post I ordered the trs cable from fractal. I just got the cable in and...
I have about 1/4 inch of movement in the pedal from 0 -100%.
It doesn't matter if I'm using it for vol or wah.
When I go to the modifier screen it's the same, I barely move the pedal and it's at 100% or 0%.
Any hints would be great thanks.

You need to set the Pedal Type to Continuous.

Thanks. I tried the "continuous" setting but no help.
It also wahs if you move the pedal even when the wah effect is switched off, but only for about an inch of movement...
I guess I'll reset everything and start over before I give up on the pedal.

Could possibly be a faulty cable? I would try a different one or if you have a multimeter check it with that. Try solving one thing at a time, there may be more than one thing going on.

Thanks. I tried the "continuous" setting but no help.
It also wahs if you move the pedal even when the wah effect is switched off, but only for about an inch of movement...
I guess I'll reset everything and start over before I give up on the pedal.

Did you run the calibration?

I got it working!
I tried so many things I can't remember the exact sequence but one of the values in midi or io was not set to "pedal"...
Thanks for your help and patience

Back
Top Bottom