Euro updates

5 more ours to go so I can open it up. Longest ours as of late :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
A theoretical question?? Could a USA customer sign up now in Euro and get it sooner than being on the US wait list? What would be the final cost US?

Got mine on Tuesday.
Just had time to convert some presets from the XL.
This was quite easy.
It's time to do the rest.
One week before our gig in Murcia - Spain..
Let's see how that goes ;-)

A theoretical question?? Could a USA customer sign up now in Euro and get it sooner than being on the US wait list? What would be the final cost US?
Are you signed up on the US list at all?
I'd say there is no point for you to register in Euro (price wise especially). It costs 1700 EUR here - 1870 USD. Plus shipping to US. I see no point, really.

I am Nov 23 (Europe) and maaaybe getting in in March.

Are you signed up on the US list at all?
I'd say there is no point for you to register in Euro (price wise especially). It costs 1700 EUR here - 1870 USD. Plus shipping to US. I see no point, really.

I am Nov 23 (Europe) and maaaybe getting in in March.

You would not be paying VAT to ship it to the USA. It would be $1551 plus shipping... so its it not a bad idea if G66 has more available. If Fractal is still working on day one (Oct 13th) of the wait list, I would say that G66 is a faster route.

You would not be paying VAT to ship it to the USA. It would be $1551 plus shipping... so its it not a bad idea if G66 has more available. If Fractal is still working on day one (Oct 13th) of the wait list, I would say that G66 is a faster route.

Right. However, one will need to pay the country import tax. Maybe not? I don't know much about USA tax system.
In any case, G66 does not have extra units right now.

G66 will NOT ship to US. And the waranty would also not be valid so..

Last edited:
Next shipment is in March, they responded on my mail 15 days ago so nothing until that.
"We're getting a large shipment tomorrow, but the waiting list is long and since you ordered November 18th, I assume yours will be ready in March."

Here is my study chamber (I apologize for the mess)

View attachment 30374I have been spending the last two nights working on a single preset (with a million sounds in it)

I found that many amp models need to have input trim down to 1.5 or so to stay cleanish with this guitar. The humbuckers are very low output. They are tickling the red on the input with the standard 6 dB pad.

I think, I have some good sounds down - thanks for all I have learned here. Most has already been put to good use. I intended to make a video, but it is already after midnight here, so it will be another day.

My experience with Ax8edit was not super smooth. I thought, I had to wait a lot - especially when I was using the footswitches on the unit while Ax8edit was open. Oh well, that led me to explore the front panel editing options. That is actually very easy as well. I managed to build scenes, edit and attach controllers, edit several blocks and save my preset - all from the front panel. When one gets the hang of it, it makes perfect sense.
Nice setup. I like the KRK's for a smaller room thanks to the front porting.
Also, kudos on the PRS SC, not often you see one that's been played that hard.
I don't see a 245 plate on it, is it a lawsuit-era?

Next shipment is in March, they responded on my mail 15 days ago so nothing until that.
"We're getting a large shipment tomorrow, but the waiting list is long and since you ordered November 18th, I assume yours will be ready in March."
That is good news, since I signed up Nov 5! March, fingers crossed!!

Nice setup. I like the KRK's for a smaller room thanks to the front porting.
Also, kudos on the PRS SC, not often you see one that's been played that hard.
I don't see a 245 plate on it, is it a lawsuit-era?
I am quite happy with the KRKs for playing guitar. I do not like them too much for mixing though, so I have been thinking about getting some Adams. They are just so expensive.

The PRS SC actually has kind of a funny story. It has sort of been the go around guitar here in Copenhagen. It has many previous owners. The battle scars were supplied by one of the previous owners. I have been considering refinishing the part above the pickups. That is too smashed up for my taste. But then, it does look very rock 'n' roll. The thing is, I do not understand, why anybody would ever sell this guitar. It is without question the most resonant and well balanced guitar, I have ever played. The previous owners were kind of hi-gain guys, and the original pickups were lo-gain and kind of muddy. I replaced them with some lo-gain but very open and clear pickups, and now I think it is an absolutely amazing guitar. I hardly play any of my other guitars these days.

The scale length is actually 25" as other PRSs, and I am happy about that. My other 'main' guitar is also a PRS, and I love to have the same scale length on both. Also, it turned out that 25" with 010s is just perfect for me.

Well, that became a long story :)

Oh oh:

"Dear (almost) AX8 Owner,

The next AX8 shipment is expected to be ready the last week of March or first week of April. Those who will get one from the next shipment will be informed as soon as we get the exact shipping date and quantity confirmed. Another shipment should follow soon after; we expect to get huge quantities in April.

Thanks again for your patience.

Kind Regards
Sussi"

Fingers crossed on all parts of my body! :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom