Estimated cost on the FC-6 and FC-12 Controllers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sorry if my oppinion is not the same as yours.

I dont have an opinion on the price. Was just commenting on your troll of the original poster. He clearly meant “yikes (it costs a lot)” to which you trolled him by saying “I know (I can’t believe how cheap they are)”. Welcome to the interwebz!

Additionally many feel the FC12 and the helix floor controller are largely the same thing but with a $300 price difference. Im not aware of the difference or if there are any to judge whether or not that is valid.

A Toyota Camry and a BMW/Mercedes are largely the same thing too, but one costs like 2-3 times as much. The same can be said for a ton of products.

Does a Pete Cornish fuzz pedal really have that different of parts etc than a Dunlop fuzz pedal ? Why is one $100 at Guitar Center and the other is over $1000 and had to be bought from the man himself ?

I mean heck, we’ve seen the exact same item sometimes get a new label slapped on soemthing and cost double lol

Point being, can’t expect FAS to price things same as L6, even if they are similar from a hardware standpoint. It’s not illogical to point out they are similar, but just not how the market works.

FAS can and will charge more because it’s a controller for a $2499 product than a controller for a $1200 product

A Toyota Camry and a BMW/Mercedes are largely the same thing too, but one costs like 2-3 times as much. The same can be said for a ton of products.

Does a Pete Cornish fuzz pedal really have that different of parts etc than a Dunlop fuzz pedal ? Why is one $100 at Guitar Center and the other is over $1000 and had to be bought from the man himself ?

I mean heck, we’ve seen the exact same item sometimes get a new label slapped on soemthing and cost double lol

Point being, can’t expect FAS to price things same as L6, even if they are similar from a hardware standpoint. It’s not illogical to point out they are similar, but just not how the market works.

FAS can and will charge more because it’s a controller for a $2499 product than a controller for a $1200 product

There is a lot of interchanging the words “price” and “cost” which is making this thread confusing. I dont really care about the price and sorry if I gave that impression. I just passed along what others have said re: the cost of the FC12 vs the helix. In theory the cost (to make) should be similar if they are using the same parts but the price, to your point, may differ based on real or perceived value differences.

(YIKES!)

Hi, I wasn't trying to start a sh*t storm here. I was just reacting to the price as being a bit high in my opinion.
Just dropped a wad of cash for the AXE FX III. May I ask, I wanted an FC-12. What am losing out on control wise if I stay with my Ground Control Pro ?

(YIKES!)

Hi, I wasn't trying to start a sh*t storm here. I was just reacting to the price as being a bit high in my opinion.
Just dropped a wad of cash for the AXE FX III. May I ask, I wanted an FC-12. What am losing out on control wise if I stay with my Ground Control Pro ?

At the moment you have no choice but to stay with the ground control as the FC6/12 is not available - at least your not in the UK as we are charged much more, the III has had two price increases so far and it isn’t even available here yet?????
I’m sure when the F.C. is finally out it will be good - but yes yikes it’s expensive.

I suspect this won’t be well received... but remember, it’s just my opinion.

I have no problem with the price. Frankly, based on my approaching seven year experience with FAS I know that I am going to get more than I expected. When the III was announced I fully expected it to be at least 1k more than it was... and would have gladly waited in line to pay it. So from my standpoint, I already have money left over from my three purchase. These are evolving products,not static purchases. And the only cost we have for that evolution is patience. Cliff has always exceeded my expectations and continues to do so, if he made a blender (and I needed a blender)... I would get on the wait list. I know this is the very definition of fanboi...but the uniqueness of this experience from a consumer standpoint warrants it in my case.

Those prices aren't too bad; they're high enough that I wouldn't just impulse buy one, but low enough that I don't need to think about it for months...

In any case, my dilemma now is going to be to pick up the FC12 or keep with my FCB1010; a much less elegant solution cable and display/feedback-wise, but has two expression pedals built-in.

I think I'll end up getting the FC12 in the end, so maybe I should just bite the bullet as soon as they come out... :D

Yes, you are the very definition of fanboi. LOL

Does anyone know the answer to the question ????

What am losing out on control wise, if I stay with my Ground Control Pro instead of the FC-12?

Yes, you are the very definition of fanboi. LOL

Does anyone know the answer to the question ????

What am losing out on control wise, if I stay with my Ground Control Pro instead of the FC-12?
The most would be the bidirectional communication. You cant display the tuner or sync to the preset names from the AX3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom