ESP E-II Eclipse Evertune - Black Satin

Checked the tuning two days later and the strobostomp is still dead on, on every string - amazing. I've been playing it too.

This guitar inspires me to play! I think this is the beginning of a love affair!

It’s been a cycle of cold, warm, rain, cold, warm here the past few weeks. It’s been wrecking havoc on tuning. An Evertune would be priceless right about now.

Attachments

• 32F5A210-1EFB-4947-9CDC-453EF702EC48.jpeg
    32F5A210-1EFB-4947-9CDC-453EF702EC48.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 11
Yeah, I want my bends back - zone three, but, without losing the guitar's pitch stability of zone two!

I also want to try a set of flat wounds on it. I like the no string squeak aspect.

Last edited:
Ah shit, I was just coming in to mention how the bending/vibrato aspect can be altered by the strings stretching over time. You’ve got to REALLY stretch the shit out of them for them not to slip slightly and put you between zones, giving the impression it’s removing some of the bending ability.

While they’re certainly easier than a Floyd to figure out, they do require a little understanding/time to figure out where issues can pop up.

And there is a slight loss of sustain that can occur with them, it’s slight and requires you to really milk a note for all it’s worth if you want it to ring out longer, you can actually hear it cut short quickly rather than slowly diminishing in volume, like there’s a dampener choking it off once it hits a certain point, unplugged.

Yea, all said and done I think I prefer an old school bridge. This new guitar has a hipshot bridge with string through body.

I am so glad I don't own a music instrument business that you buy from. I'd probably have to
resort to banning you due to all the damn returns and second-guessing. ;)
LoL!

What, for two, one of which was problematic?

No problem, I'll just spend my money elsewhere. :cool:

Last edited:
I am so glad I don't own a music instrument business that you buy from. I'd probably have to
resort to banning you due to all the damn returns and second-guessing. ;)

Well, they did not ban me. In fact, they knocked the price down to 2,999(I did not even ask them to), are holding one in stock for me, and sent me a prepaid return label. Also, I'll probably get some candy.

How do you like dem apples!!!!

Naw, they're just jealous. Maybe the next git-fiddle you return you could send my way? Just to check and make sure it's ok? After a thorough inspection I'll get it to Sweetwater. Heck, I don't even need candy!

Back
Top Bottom