Error with IR Converter

IronMan

I downloaded a few WAV files from the Internet to create custom IR's but I get the following error:

"Could not get audio input stream from input file"

What I did:
1). Converted the WAV to 48kHz
2). Made sure that only 4096 samples are in the WAV (I believe this is automatically done by the IR Converter)

And that's basically it. I also downloaded the latest JAVA JRE. No idea how to find the version but it should be the latest. I've also attached the file I want to convert. Just rename the .rar to .wav

Attachments

• C1000 1 48K-2.rar
    16 KB · Views: 12
The requirements are

- 48Khz
- Mono
- 24 bit (not sure if it's a must but I always use 24bit)

Did you got all those right?

:!:

AndrewSimon said:
The requirements are

- 48Khz
- Mono

I've checked it and the sample was 32-bit but I've changed this now to 24-bit. It still doesn't work here though. I've doubled checked all the requirements but the same error pops-up

AndrewSimon said:
The requirements are

- 48Khz
- Mono

I've checked it and the sample was 32-bit but I've changed this now to 24-bit. It still doesn't work here though. I've doubled checked all the requirements but the same error pops-up.

javajunkie said:
IronMan said:
javajunkie said:
Works just fine here.

With the WAV file I attached? Must be some computer issue then :(

Yes, after I coverted it to 24 bit.

Just unzip this

Thanks! I think it is the 24-bit format. I use Audacity to convert it to 24-bit but it stays at 32-bit no matter what I do. What do you use to convert WAV's and such?

IronMan said:
Thanks! I think it is the 24-bit format. I use Audacity to convert it to 24-bit but it stays at 32-bit no matter what I do. What do you use to convert WAV's and such?

I don't use Audacity, I use Wavelab but it might be the same as far as audio file properties. In Wavelab, after you convert/dither from 32 to 24, you also have to change the audio properties to read as a 24 bit file and saved otherwise it will still be considered a 32 bit file even though it has been dithered to a 24 bit file. Something to check anyway.

IronMan said:
javajunkie said:
IronMan said:
With the WAV file I attached? Must be some computer issue then :(

Yes, after I coverted it to 24 bit.

Just unzip this

If you want a freeware wave editor you can use wavosour

http://www.wavosaur.com/

I use soundforge

Ummm, that's weird.

I added support for 32 bit. It must not be finding the built in file reader plugin....I'll check it out.

Cool! I've fixed it thanks to you guys!!

In audacity I changed the WAV export format from "WAV Microsoft 32-bit float" to "WAV 16-bit PCM". Now it all works as expected. It's IR time... :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom