• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Eric Clapton Mid Boost Simulation

Matt_B_77

Power User
The Clapton mid boost gives up to 25db of boost at 500 Hz. Don't remember any more specifics but that's a good place to start. Try using a filter block.

TremoloFan

This sharing of info and creative questions responded to by Cliff amaze me beyond words. So cool.
Now, I have a question about using a Clapton Strat with the Axe. How can I set it up so I have a good input level without the boost and still have headroom for the full boost without clipping? Thanks again!

USMC_Trev

Fractal Fanatic
Try rolling off the middle tone knob ( the one with the detent) to half and kinda play with it from there. A lot will depend on which amp you're using and what you have your amp input level set to. If you're going for that late-80's Journeyman midrange "Bad Love" chomp you'll have to hunt around for it a little bit. Remember that's SLO-100 territory.

Last edited:

guitardoc

Experienced
Use the Filter block. Since the max boost is 25 dB set the filter order to 4th which will give you a maximum of 24 dB. Set the type to Peaking. Set freq to 500 Hz. Vary gain and Q to taste.
Thank you for the information! Knowing this is SLO territory and having never played a 'real' SLO100 - but seeming to recall it being an amp difficult to dial in - are there any starting points which would take me in the ballpark of a good Clapton tone? Thank you in advance.

Top Bottom