Epic 80's Song that needs recognition

There was a radio station on Long Island when I was a kid that played all the best stuff. Otherwise it was “classic rock”, Top 40, religious, sports, Spanish language, and news. The usual stuff, but WDRE was the killer app for it’s time. Right after I graduated high school ( or within a few years) it changed format = to country! As if anyone on Long Island ever gave a shit about country music!

Someone did the lord’s work and made a DRE playlist on YouTube.

and one (of several) on Spotify.

May the road rise with you.

my best friend and i used to boat to the pier of a nightclub during summers in high school (i know, pier of a nightclub? the nightclub was on cedar lake, the whole club was on the pier) and watch the local, live bands from stage righ behind the chain link fence wire hanging to prevent drunks from fallilng out of the nightclub into the water. too young to get in, tho we tried many times. a band called 'bittersweet' used to cover this song. the guitarist owned it. this song always makes me smile.

Is it even possible these songs haven't been listed yet? I did a search for "Scorpions" in the thread and it came up blank. Possibly they were listed w/o commentary though. Regardless, these are awesome. Video vixens are in full effect!

Last edited:
Is it even possible these songs haven't been listed yet? I dd a search for "Scorpions" in the thread and it came up blank. Possibly they were listed w/o commentary though. Regardless, these are awesome. Video vixens are in full effect!

I love witnessing the acting in the very "The House Across The Bay"esque No One Like You video. That song is so great. Sometimes I would wonder if Ronnie James Dio donned a German alter ego to turn into Klaus Meine every once in a while. And if the two of them had ever shaken hands, would a cosmic convergence occur causing catastrophe?

Back
Top Bottom