Epic 70’s songs and bands

Indeed. I guess what cracks me up about 'Afternoon Delight' is that the group looks like some wholesome vocal quartet that you'd see on variety shows that were popular back then. The song feel is very upbeat and happy and then it hits you what they're singing about. It's a greater impact if you were around then and can appreciate where the "lines" were. I still wonder if it was written as a joke.
I must've been a late bloomer, shelter'd or dumb or something as that song came out in 76 when I was 15 and I don't remember having a clue what it was about despite hearing it constantly on AM radio - lyrics never factored highly in my response to music - to me that song is a summer song - takes me back to my teens: cottage time, dirt bikes, swimming in a lake... My grandkids like to have the lyrics scrolling in the music apps - I'm kinda embarrassed to read the stuff that goes by in some of these old songs - different times.

Anybody still have 8-tracks? These songs made me think of them. I remember the player eating one of the tapes, so I took it apart to see if I could fix it. Uh, nope!
All of my 8 tracks road around on the floor in the back of my old hot rod and were trashed. I also remember trying to fix a couple of missed up 8 track tapes wast of time lol.

I think Mott the Hoople was one of the loudest concerts I’ve ever been to. Johnny Winter, and The who Quadrophenia are close runner ups lol

Johnny had one of the worst guitar tones I have ever heard live. So much treble. So much volume. Not a great combo.

He's an icon and love his work. But dude!!!

Johnny had one of the worst guitar tones I have ever heard live. So much treble. So much volume. Not a great combo.

Yep I’m totally with you there it was almost painful sitting through that Mott the Hoople concert.
I like turning the treble down lower the mids add a little presence and fatten up the bottom end Now we’re getting some where lol.

Reminds me of a post I made months ago somewhere in here that when I started on electric I would just dime all the knobs out! Maybe he was the same way and just never changed! :smiley:

Back
Top Bottom