Epic 70’s songs and bands

It's possible someone already posted this; I can't recall.

Anyway, this song was so genius for the day. These days anything goes; I mean you've got Cardi B. singing about her W.A.P., but in the 70s there was a very real line that had to be respected. The Starland Vocal Band managed to publish a song that was completely about sex and it was all over the radio. Pure genius.

BTW--that guy in the red shirt kind of reminds me of the lead singer for The Buggles (Video Killed the Radio Star).

Here's 'Gold' from 1979 by John Stewart. Stevie Nicks on background duty.

That’s such a good tune I always loved that song that was the year my fight with cancer started and I was lucky enough to finally beat it in 1980.

What an eye opener it was for me. There was a male nurse that would come and talk with me, and he helped me see how lucky I was and we would visit other cancer patients that were going throughout the same thing and a lot of them were so much sicker.

I really looked forward to talking with him I was in the hospital For several months and he was a face I looked foward to seeing Really helped.

Music that played on the am/fm clock radio on top of our fridge each morning before school as my father said: "10 minutes - don't forget yur bus pass!"

Herb Alpert 197something

was lots of sex songs in the 70s, and a few money songs:
Indeed. I guess what cracks me up about 'Afternoon Delight' is that the group looks like some wholesome vocal quartet that you'd see on variety shows that were popular back then. The song feel is very upbeat and happy and then it hits you what they're singing about. It's a greater impact if you were around then and can appreciate where the "lines" were. I still wonder if it was written as a joke.

Back
Top Bottom