Epic 70’s songs and bands

Ever since seeing this sequence from Song Remains the same - 76, I've wanted a theremin - wonder if Fractal can whip up a theramin block for old farts stuck in the 70s such as myself.

This movie close to my heart, it changed my musical direction in 197x, there was a movie theater in SF on Taraval St. that played music videos on Saturday nights use to go every Saturday when In was in HS, I think I saw this one every time they played it...

This movie close to my heart, it changed my musical direction in 197x, there was a movie theater in SF on Taraval St. that played music videos on Saturday nights use to go every Saturday when In was in HS, I think I saw this one every time they played it...
Similar here - regular trips to a kind of B Movie theatre that played it regularly - another one we would frequent was called Black and Blue (Black Sabbath + Blue Oyster Cult) which was a trifecta along with Rocky Horror Picture Show where I recall throwing toast around (why is rather fuzzy to me now).

On the topic of Neil Young, I heard or read an interview recently with Bob Dylan. They asked him who of his contemporaries back in the day he liked and he said he loves listening to Neil Young! He truly is a gifted songwriter and the fact that he also loves (and basically owns from what I understand) Lionel trains, he is a winner in my book!!!

I recall this being a big deal in 73 - was a first of some sort for Satellite broadcasted performance, but more so, a great Elvis performance - I didn't care about it at the time (Elvis was for old people lol) but much later delved into the whole Elvis story and music with much interest:

Nothing though, and I mean nothing, including Elvis, came close to the event below the year before in 72, travelling to us over the airways from across the world as we sat in our classrooms eyes riveted to a small tv at the front of our classrooms - no teacher anywhere in Canada prevented his/her students from watching this (sorry - tangent - falling too deep into nostalgia - time for bed - shutting Axefx down - 19.03 is good):

I recall this being a big deal in 73 - was a first of some sort for Satellite broadcasted performance, but more so, a great Elvis performance - I didn't care about it at the time (Elvis was for old people lol) but much later delved into the whole Elvis story and music with much interest:

Nothing though, and I mean nothing, including Elvis, came close to the event below the year before in 72, travelling to us over the airways from across the world as we sat in our classrooms eyes riveted to a small tv at the front of our classrooms - no teacher anywhere in Canada prevented his/her students from watching this (sorry - tangent - falling too deep into nostalgia - time for bed - shutting Axefx down - 19.03 is good):

My fav Elvis is Blue Hawaii but that was filmed when I was 1.5yo.

Back
Top Bottom