Enhanced Morningstar Fractal Integration

It should be possible.

In the new firmware for the MC you can retrieve the scene /preset names with a button press. That's just th MC6 sending /receiving some (i suspect) Sysex message to the FM3. There is no reason why that could not be just a command that is send out when you change banks on the MC6 (for example, when you change to the Preset or Scene page)

ETA: Fractal integration is not (yet??) available under the ' On Enter' events in the bank preset..so at this moment it's not yet possible to do automatically

Last edited:
fyi if you haven’t seen it …

[Beta release] Firmware v3.9.8
  • Fractal Integration
    • Scene names will update when preset is changed on the Fractal device
    • Selected scene name will blink
    • Aux switch can be used while in integration mode
    • Added up to 511 accessible presets for the FM3
    • Changed scene page to 6 scenes fo MC6 and 8 scenes for MC8
      • Exit button is removed. To exit the scene, press A+B or B+C for the MC6, or B+C for the MC8.
https://forum.morningstar.io/t/beta-release-firmware-v3-9-8/3435

fyi if you haven’t seen it …

[Beta release] Firmware v3.9.8
  • Fractal Integration
    • Scene names will update when preset is changed on the Fractal device
    • Selected scene name will blink
    • Aux switch can be used while in integration mode
    • Added up to 511 accessible presets for the FM3
    • Changed scene page to 6 scenes fo MC6 and 8 scenes for MC8
      • Exit button is removed. To exit the scene, press A+B or B+C for the MC6, or B+C for the MC8.
https://forum.morningstar.io/t/beta-release-firmware-v3-9-8/3435
BTW, it has been working beautifully for me. Once you get all the settings on the 2 units set properly, it seems to work really well.

well, I finally have the MC 8 and, for the life of me, I can't get it to talk to the fm3....the cableing is correct, the midi channel is correct, and I have followed the manual and the youtube stuff...the fm3 is indicating that the midi status is on.....has anyone got a step by step instruction.....
sorry for how stupid this must look.....jack
Try resetting the midi on the FM3, that's what it took for mine to work.

The new beta is awesome. I primarily use the MC8 for scene switching, so now that everything updates when I select a different preset on the FM3, and the current scene blinks, it's perfect for my setup. Only thing I need to figure out is the FM3 sends a cc command on startup that causes the MC8 to move to a different bank, but it's not consistent so tracking down specifically what is going on has been difficult.

I tapped the power from the existing FASlink port on the FM3. MC6 can handle 12VDC.

Post in thread 'Let's see those FM3 rigs!' https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/lets-see-those-fm3-rigs.158779/post-2033014
Seeing this post made my morning. I just got the FM3 Mk II Turbo yesterday, and was lamenting the need to have to carry a separate adapter to power my MC3 for use alongside the FM3. So much so that I spent a couple of hours trying to make a Per-Preset layout that would be flexible enough to allow me to use the FM3 by itself, but it still felt like one too many footswitch presses to get to all the sounds I need at hand.

I'm going to investigate this further and hope I can do something similar!

Back
Top Bottom