Eliminate hiss on EVH 100watt channel 3?

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
High gain channel on EVH 100 watt head has hiss on channel 3(normal for high gain channel). Noise gate in main page(not block) doesn't seem to tame that. Would a noise gate block do this if in effects loop section?

You could try bumping up the pad level. It should be at 6db. You could try 12db. If it doesn't clip it should lower your noise floor

Unfortunately, no. But, you probably wouldn't need to use all 8 blocks on a high gain patch, right?

True...but if using scenes then the shared blocks gets eat'n up by one less option across all scenes. Preset wise, you are correct.

I think being able to place global noise gate any where in chain, would be a great option for firmware update.

I did ask for the ability to put the global noise gate at different locations in the chain in a thread. Don't know if FAS saw that request because I don't think I started a separate tread to specifically request it.

I did ask for the ability to put the global noise gate at different locations in the chain in a thread. Don't know if FAS saw that request because I don't think I started a separate tread to specifically request it.

I just posted it in wish list

I use an ISP Decimator G String first in the SEND loop. That's the secret. Don't bother with blocks, etc. Just get the ISP Decimator II G-String, or perhaps the new TC electronics gate (price is nice, features much like the G-String) and never worry about this again. Not sure how you ever survived with that noisy of an amp without it.

I use an ISP Decimator G String first in the SEND loop. That's the secret. Don't bother with blocks, etc. Just get the ISP Decimator II G-String, or perhaps the new TC electronics gate (price is nice, features much like the G-String) and never worry about this again. Not sure how you ever survived with that noisy of an amp without it.

+1. I picked up the new TC Electronics Sentry gate and really like it. Seems very similar in concept to the ISP but cheaper. Had my eye on the ISP but when this came out i had to try it. Just set it and forget it and don't have to worry about adding a block.

I know this is probably NOT the answer you want, but I keep the gain on the red channel of my 5150III at around noon, it really doesn't give you much more after that anyways. At that position the hiss is GREATLY reduced on my amp to the point where I can get by without a gate, although I admittedly still use one. If you dime the preamp though, you will need a gate. Just a thought, maybe your amp behaves differently.

But. Isn't the purpose of getting the FX8 to get rid of pedals not add pedals? These guys are awesome they will figure out a global gate for us gainiacs with snakes in our amps in time..

But. Isn't the purpose of getting the FX8 to get rid of pedals not add pedals? These guys are awesome they will figure out a global gate for us gainiacs with snakes in our amps in time..

The purpose of the FX8 is to minimize the number of pedals, but I don't think getting rid of all pedals is a necessarily a good plan.

I still keep an Eventide Space at the end of the chain, to keep the CPU down by avoiding complex reverbs. - Also it's midi so it can be integrated into the rig.
I still use the ISP Decimator II g-string, as it's amazing at what it does - also it's always on, so you can just forget about it.
I still use the TWA Triskelion 2.0 Harmonic Energizer to add harmonic boost to my tone, the FX8 has no modelling equivalent. (also always on)

Back
Top Bottom