Eleven Rack. HEAR ME OUT

I am trying to save up for one to use as a backup just encase something happens to my Axe. I have a couple of GT10s now but was thinking the eleven rack might be a good back up. Of course id rather get an extra Axe but fir the money I though the Eleven rack mught be a good way to go. Have you got it to sound better?

I use an Eleven as a backup, and actually owned one even before trying the Axe Fx Ultra. It's no Axe Fx, but it isn't junk. Some of the tones are pretty decent and (if you aren't playing them side by side) can be inspiring. I play mine into an FRFR setup, so I don't run mine with the cabs off.

From what you said, running it set to "Rig Output" means that you have the cab sims on... this will sound bad through a regular speaker cabinet. It should be one more click over on "Rig Output, No Cab." That would work with a standard cabinet. It you test it through your monitors, you want just "Rig Output." Of course, make sure the output is directed to whatever output you're using. Mine is set to Output 2 Left, which is a 1/4" out.

Hope that helps. I don't play it a lot, but when I do it's enjoyable enough. When I plug back into my Axe Fx II though, the difference is immediately apparent.

I had an Eleven Rack before I got the Axe FX.... They _are_ flubby and lifeless... You could try getting your friend to export his patches, and compare all his setting etc, however the real solution (to a good sound) is spend the money, and get an Axe FX. Best money I have spent in regard to guitar.

Pauly

So my other guitar player bought an 11 rack (it was a deal trust me). We have been running it off my matrix gt1000 but the sound is very flubby and kinda awful. Now I know the Axe II is far superior but it cant be that much of a substantial difference. Im thinking that im just hooking it up incorrectly. I used Output 2 on the 11 and the main outs and it still sounds like a flubby lifeless mess. Ive made sure that the cabs are off and its just the "rig output" and nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

Its literally night and day when i play my Axe to his 11.

I had an Eleven Rack before I got the Axe FX.... They _are_ flubby and lifeless... You could try getting your friend to export his patches, and compare all his setting etc, however the real solution (to a good sound) is spend the money, and get an Axe FX. Best money I have spent in regard to guitar.

Pauly

i just don't agree. like i said, it's no Axe, but when I had an 11r i got some really good tones out of it and enjoyed the experience. I'd pick an Axe 100 times out of 100....but it's definitely a decent piece of gear.

I use an Eleven as a backup, and actually owned one even before trying the Axe Fx Ultra. It's no Axe Fx, but it isn't junk. Some of the tones are pretty decent and (if you aren't playing them side by side) can be inspiring. I play mine into an FRFR setup, so I don't run mine with the cabs off.

From what you said, running it set to "Rig Output" means that you have the cab sims on... this will sound bad through a regular speaker cabinet. It should be one more click over on "Rig Output, No Cab." That would work with a standard cabinet. It you test it through your monitors, you want just "Rig Output." Of course, make sure the output is directed to whatever output you're using. Mine is set to Output 2 Left, which is a 1/4" out.

Hope that helps. I don't play it a lot, but when I do it's enjoyable enough. When I plug back into my Axe Fx II though, the difference is immediately apparent.

In one of my previous replies I said that I do have it on Rig out/no cab. I've been through pretty much every possible combination there is. I tried running the outputs of the Output 1+2 as well as the main outs, not a difference. If I get a chance, ill get a recording of what im talking about so it will all make more sense.

Sounded pretty good here, seemed pretty responsive, but it doesn't quite sound like a tube amp:

(skip up to 1:27-ish)

Did a show a couple of years ago in Sacramento, and we needed a substitute for our second guitar, who brought his 11R...but forgot his amp. My SLA2 ended up doing double duty and was driving one cab for my Ultra, and another (house cab) for his 11R. I have to say, his 11R didn't sound all that bad. It's a bit too "polished" sounding for my taste, but it certainly didn't suck.

Mike

Did a show a couple of years ago in Sacramento, and we needed a substitute for our second guitar, who brought his 11R...but forgot his amp. My SLA2 ended up doing double duty and was driving one cab for my Ultra, and another (house cab) for his 11R. I have to say, his 11R didn't sound all that bad. It's a bit too "polished" sounding for my taste, but it certainly didn't suck.

Mike

Ha. How do you forge your amp?

I have had my 11R for 4 months, I ordered the 11R in November, i ( Tought I ) was ready to play it half december, ordered the AxeII in Januari.......

It is not a bad device, concidering it costs a quarter of an AxeII but the thing has not much of spirit in the tones.
Clean sound was hopeless so i put my CAE in front of it, that was better but the tone stayed a little like it had too much air in it.

It hasn't got much of a punch in the tones IMO, this was there the moment i hooked up the Axe with FW5 on an EV S200 speaker.....( that sounds awful for a guitar normally )

But the 11R is really capable of producing i real(ish) tone and for the money it is really not too bad.

Sorry I missed the later post, thought you might be on a wrong setting. My guess is an issue somewhere.

If you'll check Cliff's posts, it wasn't too far back that even he said if you can't have an Axe Fx, an 11R is a decent second choice. The build quality is good, as is the sound. Listen to a few players that were using them like the guy under Vaisatchatrucci on their site or David Walliman at Guitar Playback, they got good tones. It's not the box if the box is working as it should. As was noted earlier, that might be the reason for the low sales price.

Back
Top Bottom