Eleven Rack. HEAR ME OUT

Vhalen50

Experienced
So my other guitar player bought an 11 rack (it was a deal trust me). We have been running it off my matrix gt1000 but the sound is very flubby and kinda awful. Now I know the Axe II is far superior but it cant be that much of a substantial difference. Im thinking that im just hooking it up incorrectly. I used Output 2 on the 11 and the main outs and it still sounds like a flubby lifeless mess. Ive made sure that the cabs are off and its just the "rig output" and nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

Its literally night and day when i play my Axe to his 11.

If you haven't posted there already, I think the people at the Eleven Rack forums will be able to give you a better answer than the vast majority of Axe FX users over here. There's probably a few here with experience, but the Eleven Rack knowledge-base will be bigger in their own community.

I tried there, but its kinda a dead forum. Alot of them have jumped ship due to Avid's lack of interest with the product.

As much as I dont want to knock it, I would say that there must be something wrong on the innerds. I have a Zoom GT tiny pedal that sounds better that the 11 right now. I could understand if it didnt get the dynamics or "feel" but it doesnt even sound as good as any of the guitar plug ins in DAW's.

It's a few years since I last tried an Eleven Rack, I had a BOSS GT8 at the time and the BOSS sounded far better, I then got a LINE6 POD which sounded better than the BOSS and now the AXE FX is on a different level altogether. Maybe an external drive pedal of some sort would liven it up a bit ?

Avid - like Line-6 - like Boss etc. etc. makes a lot of products. FAS concentrates on just one.

Avid - like Line-6 - like Boss etc. etc. makes a lot of products. FAS concentrates on just one.

I understand what you say, but for the record:

Axe-fx 2
MFC-101
Axe-Edit

So they have at least 3 products.

Bonus (IR packs)

I understand what you say, but for the record:

Axe-fx 2
MFC-101
Axe-Edit

So they have at least 3 products.

Bonus (IR packs)
Yes, but just one with a brain, the other ... And really fighting for good reason for computer-interfacing. (That even bio. software industries have a hard time to manage).

;-)

yeah, while not on par with the Axe2 it is LIGHT YEARS better than any Pod or Boss unit. something is amiss....

Well all I know is that I had one after I sold my Ultra and when the II finally arrived at my house I took my best presets and played them for a bit. Then I plugged the AxeFXII in to see if I was going to just flip it on e-Bay for a quick profit. This was like fw version 4 by the way. It wasn't even close. I mean this was the factory bassman preset straight out of the box vs patches that I had literally tweaked to perfection over the course of a few months time.

Now it wasn't horrible, but I can only imagine what the difference must be now that v11 is out.

Oh and by the way there still hasn't been a new firmware release since the AxeFXII was first announced from AVID for the 11R. AVID sells audio and video editing systems first and foremost. The 11R was in my opinion a nice tool to get people sucked up into the world of ProTools because you can't export and import patches without it and to be absolutely fair the integration with PT and the 11R was pretty good. It was like a gateway drug to PT though. Once you get in you end up having to go all AVID or start over most of the time.

My buddy has one.

It is no Axe FX, but it doesn't suck.

Something is either not set right or wrong.

I haven't used mine in a while but I don't remember it being that bad. Are you sure the cabinet models are bypassed?

Yup. Positive. Its set to Rig out/No Cab. I even tried plugging it direct into my QSC K10's and it was flubby as well. It just has this gross low end that just rumbles the whole cab and the EQ is pretty unresponsive. Most presets (while I know they are bad) are pretty lifeless sounding and dont fill space. It sort of feels like the sound is coming out of a computer speaker. I've tried all different combinations of hooking it up and can't get anything decent.

I might have gotten him to consider to just buy a II or an ultra at the very least!

Back
Top Bottom