Electro-Harmonix 44 Magnum 44W Guitar Power Amplifier + Axe-Fx

And here's another clip of how it sounds clean. This isn't me playing by the way, it's the other guitarist in my band. Goddammit those PRS split coils sound like a dream. :) All the patch has is Fender Twin with reverb.

OMG. That lick in the beginning is the Guitar Pro intro sound, isn't? hahahaha!

How's the volume of the Magnum? Obviously not as much as the mesa, but I'd think it can hang in a band situation. I'm planning to get one to use with my cab in the same way you are, with cab sims to the board, and monitoring myself with the guitar cab.

Yeah that's Guitar Pro alright! The first lick is Guitar Pro 5 and the second one is Guitar Pro 4. Makes you feel pro.... :D

The Magnum is plenty loud with a 4x12 cab but I dunno how it's with a 1x12. I'd say the loudness isn't the issue but keeping it clean is a bit trickier. It's better to have high output from the Axe-Fx and low volume on the Magnum.

The guitar is a PRS CE-24 that is basically the exact same guitar as my CE-24 but I have a thinner neck. My neck is actually thinner than wide thin.

I've got one of those, as well as a Special and an Allender (replaced the EMGs w/ Duncans). What's thinnner than a wide/thin???? I did not know there was such a beast.
Yeah that's Guitar Pro alright! The first lick is Guitar Pro 5 and the second one is Guitar Pro 4. Makes you feel pro.... :D

The Magnum is plenty loud with a 4x12 cab but I dunno how it's with a 1x12. I'd say the loudness isn't the issue but keeping it clean is a bit trickier. It's better to have high output from the Axe-Fx and low volume on the Magnum.

The guitar is a PRS CE-24 that is basically the exact same guitar as my CE-24 but I have a thinner neck. My neck is actually thinner than wide thin.

Thinner than wide thin is something special that happened around 1993. :D It's amazing and I'm lucky to own one.

I just got mine today !
Man.. it`s loud ;)

Best thing i have bouth myself... in a long time

Thanks Clark

hehe,i think i will get me another one as well. Stereo!

And maby some new speakers. I have 4x12 = 2 x V30 + 2 x G12T-75. In X

So... after it's been a while, i wonder do you still think EHX Magnum is any good? Any new comments on these?

I am thinking about running my Axe through a 1X12 guitar cab and looking for a lightweight portable amp for this. This Magnum's and new ISP power amp looks interesting so far.

I have one as well. It's great. I haven't used it with the Axe but I keep it on hand as a backup at all times. I have used it at rehearsal and it easily keeps up with a drummer.

My Art SLA-2 does sound better however, this is my backup. It is definitely loud enough for a spare power amp...

Just have to revive this old thread. I've been looking like crasy for a small poweramp with a nice price.
A friend of mine who uses kemper suggested it to me. We are 3 guys, me using axe fx the other guys uses kemper and line 6 HD500.
Did you deactivate the poweramp simulation in the axe fx? Just checking what your settings were :)

It's a solid state power amp, the same as any other you might use with your Axe. That suggests leaving power amp modeling on. Ultimately, it's a matter of taste, and you have to decide which way sounds better to you.

I use this with my axe, and I prefer to leave the power amp modelling on - when off, a lot of tones sound very muffled and some clip like crazy. I think it colours the tone a bit, but not enough to justify turning the modelling off - bit of a compromise really.

Honestly I can't remember. I matched (by ear) my global EQ with Irotlas's Mesa power amp. The thing you must remember is to have Magnum volume only 1/4 up to keep it clean and boost volume in Axe.

Back
Top Bottom