electric piano tones from ehx

I really want to have the KEY9, C9, and B9 just to play with at home. I don't see myself having a practical use for them but they'd sure as hell be fun to play with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bill's demos always sound really good. I would have liked to have heard more of that Tri Stereo Chorus in a more 80's guitar style.

i don't like the organ or the steel drums, but everything else sounds really terrific!

The Tri didn't it for me, but man, those other tones are fantastic.
Haven't felt GAS in a long time, but this pedal sure invokes it.

I'm in a Grateful Dead cover band and we don't have a keyboard player... any of the new EHX keyboard sim pedals would really be cool.

And since I'm a guitar nerd, I've already pictured a rack drawer with the pedals Velcro'd in and in the Fractal loop... all nice and tidy and nerdy lol.

I was listening to the demo in my studio with the monitors up decently. The Tri sounded lush to me. Very analog-y :)

Be careful with the levels then. The KEY9 manual advises against using it in an amp's fx loop.

i just never vibe with stuff like this, if I want to play keys I'll just play keys, lol....i do see it being useful if you needed to cover a certain part and don't have a keys guy, though.

i just never vibe with stuff like this, if I want to play keys I'll just play keys, lol....i do see it being useful if you needed to cover a certain part and don't have a keys guy, though.

Yea I've got the Fishman Triple Play and though I've gotten it working. I've found my time more efficiently used into learning the actual keyboard parts and improving those skills a bit. However, these are a step in a better direction since they don't require any pickup at least.

I prefer to play keys too. I've played keys in a couple of bands... but in this gig, I don't want to bring a keyboard rig and my guitar rig... just too much kit.

Be careful with the levels then. The KEY9 manual advises against using it in an amp's fx loop.

I think they are concerned with post preamp, so if your loop is before your amp block, it'd be the same as putting it before a physical amp. Either way, it's always advisable to be careful with levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This pedal doesn't replace a keyboard player.
It's just funk cranking out those Rhodes sounds, when playing at home.

It's - i think - something with the guitar as a "controler" for keyboard sounds that still makes it sound stiff or strange. The attack, or how the strings vibrate I don't. Just don't sound as good I want it to.

This would sound ok for some really basic key stuff, but to me it sounds like a 9 year old kid playing piano with one finger.

Not in that clip. That was what I meant when I said I would like to have heard it setup (on the pedal) for a more typical 80's guitar sound. Sounded like all the settings for the Tri were dimed or something. The TSC was never a subtle effect by any means but it's not as OTT as the sound in Bill's clip.

Back
Top Bottom