• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Efficient guitar video producing help!

My main problem is that my Camera ( Canon Rebel T3i) sounds like it is filtering out my bass whenever I record my videos from my mixer (Behringer Xenyx 502) (Audio sources from my Fractal Ax8 and computer’s outputs)

Signal path:

Guitar&Computer(backing track)>mixer>camera’s
mic in

I checked the audio settings on the camera and there is no High pass filtering going on ! (Low enough so no clipping)

I suspect the audio/mic input in the camera isn’t built to record With good quality....

is there a better solution so I can record the video and audio at the same time?

chris

Legend!
Most people record the audio to a separate device and sync them in a video editor. If the camera cuts bass not much you can do.

Make sure Wind Noise Reduction isn’t turned on, tho I’m not sure if that affects the mic input.

Most people record the audio to a separate device and sync them in a video editor. If the camera cuts bass not much you can do.

Make sure Wind Noise Reduction isn’t turned on, tho I’m not sure if that affects the mic input.
I know most people like to record them separately, I’d like to take the syncing part away from the workflow , hence the title for efficiency (I get you though it’s not a hard or overly time consuming process to sync)

I did find that on before and I thought the same of it not affecting mic input, it cut 400 hz down 🙃 and while I THINK? It did help it’s still sounds lacking compared to when I’m monitoring the audio through reference headphones (it definitely sounds more trebly after I recorded everything) though I could blame the mixer aswell.... (it doesn’t have bass or treble knobs)

I’m monitoring through headphone out from the mixer so theoretically it should sound the same from what I’m hearing while monitoring and after it’s recorded ( I believe the headphone out is wired parallel on the mixer’s circuit)

so it’s probably the camera’s mic input coloring the sound to sound trebly

Thanks for taking the time to reply ✌🏻

I’m still looking for a solution where one button ,it just records audio and video and be done with and straight to the video fx editing process ( like I have minus the massive bass reduction)

Top Bottom