Efficient guitar video producing help!

ApocalypticKatana

Experienced
My main problem is that my Camera ( Canon Rebel T3i) sounds like it is filtering out my bass whenever I record my videos from my mixer (Behringer Xenyx 502) (Audio sources from my Fractal Ax8 and computer’s outputs)

Signal path:

Guitar&Computer(backing track)>mixer>camera’s
mic in

I checked the audio settings on the camera and there is no High pass filtering going on ! (Low enough so no clipping)

I suspect the audio/mic input in the camera isn’t built to record With good quality....

is there a better solution so I can record the video and audio at the same time?

Most people record the audio to a separate device and sync them in a video editor. If the camera cuts bass not much you can do.

Make sure Wind Noise Reduction isn’t turned on, tho I’m not sure if that affects the mic input.

Most people record the audio to a separate device and sync them in a video editor. If the camera cuts bass not much you can do.

Make sure Wind Noise Reduction isn’t turned on, tho I’m not sure if that affects the mic input.

I know most people like to record them separately, I’d like to take the syncing part away from the workflow , hence the title for efficiency (I get you though it’s not a hard or overly time consuming process to sync)

I did find that on before and I thought the same of it not affecting mic input, it cut 400 hz down 🙃 and while I THINK? It did help it’s still sounds lacking compared to when I’m monitoring the audio through reference headphones (it definitely sounds more trebly after I recorded everything) though I could blame the mixer aswell.... (it doesn’t have bass or treble knobs)

I’m monitoring through headphone out from the mixer so theoretically it should sound the same from what I’m hearing while monitoring and after it’s recorded ( I believe the headphone out is wired parallel on the mixer’s circuit)

so it’s probably the camera’s mic input coloring the sound to sound trebly

Thanks for taking the time to reply ✌🏻

I’m still looking for a solution where one button ,it just records audio and video and be done with and straight to the video fx editing process ( like I have minus the massive bass reduction)

Have you tried the roland go mixers? I know its suited for mobile phone devices but it does simplify video recording while having multiple direct audio input from sources at the same time.

Nice to have as well for FB/IG live sessions with/without backing tracks.

I would suggest going for the go mixer pro though as the go mixer eats to much phone battery.

Back
Top Bottom