Effects question

Dirty145

Inspired
Is it possible to have a switch turn on multiple effects without creating a new scene? Essentially, I have a filter block at the end of chain with a simple 3.5db boost for leads. I assigned that effect to one of the switches on my FC-6, however I often want to turn my delay on for leads as well, so I have to hit the boost switch and then the delay switch as well. Is there a way for me to turn on the filter block and also have it turn on the delay block?

You'll need to use a CONTROL SWITCH to do this. Then, assign it to the BYPASS switch as a modifier in each of your effects.
Control Switches have a bonus feature based on the MFC-101; in each scene, you can set their state to "ON", "OFF", or "LAST", which leaves the switch in its current state. Find these settings in the CONTROLLERS area of FM3-Edit or the hardware.

You'll need to use a CONTROL SWITCH to do this. Then, assign it to the BYPASS switch as a modifier in each of your effects.
Control Switches have a bonus feature based on the MFC-101; in each scene, you can set their state to "ON", "OFF", or "LAST", which leaves the switch in its current state. Find these settings in the CONTROLLERS area of FM3-Edit or the hardware.
Thank you!! I’ll give this a shot

Ok, so I had success assigning it this way and it worked, HOWEVER, since only one switch can be assigned to an effect, I can no longer just toggle the delay on/off by itself. Is that correct or am I doing something wrong. I set both the boost and delay to CS6, so now when I click my lead boost, they both turn on. Sometimes, I want to add delay without the volume boost. Is there a way to still be able to toggle the delay on and off by itself?

Ok, so I had success assigning it this way and it worked, HOWEVER, since only one switch can be assigned to an effect, I can no longer just toggle the delay on/off by itself. Is that correct or am I doing something wrong. I set both the boost and delay to CS6, so now when I click my lead boost, they both turn on. Sometimes, I want to add delay without the volume boost. Is there a way to still be able to toggle the delay on and off by itself?
You can use a second channel of the delay block. Let's assume, you use channel A of the delay block. Copy channel A to channel B (or another one) of the same delay block and when assigning the CS6 to the delay block's bypass, in the Modifier Edit Window set 'Channel' to Chan A. Close the Edit Window, select channel B of the delay block and if the delay block is now bypassed activate it. Now configure a second switch of your FC6 to toggle between the channels A and B of the delay block. Make sure that 'Primary Channel' is set to B and 'Secondary Channel' to A. With this second switch you now can activate the delay only when your first FC6-switch, that activates boost and delay, is off. But be aware, when the second switch is on, switch one will only toggle the boost.

Have fun!

You can use a second channel of the delay block. Let's assume, you use channel A of the delay block. Copy channel A to channel B (or another one) of the same delay block and when assigning the CS6 to the delay block's bypass, in the Modifier Edit Window set 'Channel' to Chan A. Close the Edit Window, select channel B of the delay block and if the delay block is now bypassed activate it. Now configure a second switch of your FC6 to toggle between the channels A and B of the delay block. Make sure that 'Primary Channel' is set to B and 'Secondary Channel' to A. With this second switch you now can activate the delay only when your first FC6-switch, that activates boost and delay, is off. But be aware, when the second switch is on, switch one will only toggle the boost.

Have fun!
Thanks KEMA!! I’ll have to give this a whirl

Back
Top Bottom