Effects quality

AAEN

Experienced
Played a demo night in the local Musicians union. We try to inspire eachother. As some of you may have noticed I use my AXE as effects on my Saxes in live situations. In the audience was a guy WHO is well know(Around here anyway) for his skills in sound production and Engineering. He described it as: It sounded like an Eventide Reverb.......... Meaning GREAT! For reverb I was using the STUDIO effect. - AAEN

Awesome feedback :)

Question: Is the STUDIO type different in any way other than knob settings than, say, MEDIUM ROOM?

I'm finding myself using the studio verb more and more, not even for guitar usage but for reverb on other instruments, or even the whole mix.

Studio type is a different algorithm. The algorithms are similar but the Studio type is meant to reproduce that classic synthetic reverb sound in units like Lexicon and Eventide.

Whoa, awesome! Had no idea. Gonna play with it right now!

Edit:
Loving the new "studio" reverb. Smooth and not harsh in the wall reflections; what I was always hacking around to get.

Last edited:
Studio type is a different algorithm. The algorithms are similar but the Studio type is meant to reproduce that classic synthetic reverb sound in units like Lexicon and Eventide.

I love this reverb. I immediately go to it. It will be 2x perfect once the infinite/hold option is enabled ;-) (referencing a wish from a while back).

All of the reverbs have been sounding great since the last couple of releases. Fantastic box.

This is excactly what reviews are for. To inspire others. AND YES! Its a fantastic box....- AAEN

I liked the spring verb somewhat, but was never really happy with the Axe verbs until Studio. Way, way, way back I hooked an early model digital verb to my Fender Twin, because I thought it beat the pants of the spring (different folks...). And for years now I've been using my pcm-70 for verb with my Ultra and my II, but now, thankfully, I get close with the Studio algorithm. Is it as good as the best my (really old and venerable) PCM-70 can do? Maybe. I haven't been able to tweak it to the same level of creaminess, but it's damn good and a most welcome addition!

I liked the spring verb somewhat, but was never really happy with the Axe verbs until Studio. Way, way, way back I hooked an early model digital verb to my Fender Twin, because I thought it beat the pants of the spring (different folks...). And for years now I've been using my pcm-70 for verb with my Ultra and my II, but now, thankfully, I get close with the Studio algorithm. Is it as good as the best my (really old and venerable) PCM-70 can do? Maybe. I haven't been able to tweak it to the same level of creaminess, but it's damn good and a most welcome addition!

I agree. Up until the reverb revamp a few firmwares ago, I couldn't get on with the reverb at all - I felt it was very weak and rather let the unit down. However, the reworking made a huge difference but the Studio type is really the icing on the cake - I use it exclusively now. What might be a nice addition in the future, rather like the 2290 in delay type, would be to have a specific PCM-70 mode (reverb algs only). I don't think anyone has actually cloned it in a hardware device (though I know there are presets based on from Eventide, etc.) and seeing as it's so popular with guitarists, would be rather a coup! Probably a lot of work considering we're already close but I suspect it would be quite popular...

Cliff - guess you nailed it if the studio engineer at AAEN's gig said, "it sounded like an Eventide Reverb."

What were the other reverb types in the Axe intended to reproduce - its that listed anywhere?

Back
Top Bottom