Effects not working

911ap

I am using my Axe Fx III in 4cm mode and my effects all the sudden aren't working. The delays, reverb, etc don't work. I followed everything exactly like the manual said for setting it up. It was working fine but now it doesn't work. Not sure what is going on.

Posting an example preset would probably be helpful so users could troubleshoot.

I've never used 4cm but does anything work in the created effects loop? or is it just delay and reverb? Seems like it would have to be all.

Maybe the knob on the front of the hardware isn't turned up?

Maybe you altered output 4 in settings?

As mentioned, check to make sure your output knobs on the Axe-FX are turned up, and some amps have effects loops that can be turned on and off, so make sure you didn't accidentally turn off the loop on the amp.

I tried 4CM today as well. Ping Pong is definitely not working which is what I use to test if I set everything up all right. After spending a few hours on it I came here and found there were issues with it in 24.01. Cliff mentions it has been fixed in 24.02 Beta1 but it's still not working for me.

Edit. I just tested a straight preset and its not working in non 4CM setup as well. Also, I'm not sure if this issue is related to the OPs issue.

Last edited:
I tried 4CM today as well. Ping Pong is definitely not working which is what I use to test if I set everything up all right. After spending a few hours on it I came here and found there were issues with it in 24.01. Cliff mentions it has been fixed in 24.02 Beta1 but it's still not working for me.

Edit. I just tested a straight preset and its not working in non 4CM setup as well. Also, I'm not sure if this issue is related to the OPs issue.
Ping-pong delay was fixed in 24.02. Make sure you're using the correct firmware and your output(s) are set to stereo.

Yup, my apologies, it turns out I was on the wrong FW. I'm running in 5CM since I was using both L/R outputs to different amps and Ping/Pong is working as expected.

The knobs are all turned all the way up. I rechecked the settings and even the hook up and everything is fine. I have no clue why the effects literally have nothing. I have this connected to a syn2. The syn2 doesn't have a way to turn the effects off but a hi low switch. All switches are in the hi position.

out 3 is connected to the input on the front of the synergy unit. output 4 is going to the fx return and input 4 into the fx send.

Back
Top Bottom