Effect Wish: Natural feedback simulation

Natural feedback simulation

• Total voters
Yes, yes, yes ! Even cooler would be that synthetic feedback from the old Boss Feedback/Distortion pedal.

Sorry, but that does't make sense to me. Natural feedback can be had with a decent guitar, decent speaker, and decently dialed patch without having to be really loud. Plus that natural feedback is controllable.

I guess if you don't have any decent versions of the above you would want it, but I don't imagine that being anything but a gimmick.

solo-act said:
Sorry, but that does't make sense to me. Natural feedback can be had with a decent guitar, decent speaker, and decently dialed patch without having to be really loud. Plus that natural feedback is controllable.

I guess if you don't have any decent versions of the above you would want it, but I don't imagine that being anything but a gimmick.

Try that w/ In Ears on silent stage.

solo-act said:

That's why I asked for the synthetic / unnatural Boss kind ;) . Totally almost synth like cool feedback.

Java obviously has a huge point as well. Think D.I., in ears...nowhere to 'feedback'. Would help hugely...

javajunkie said:
solo-act said:

Try that w/ In Ears on silent stage.

+1A

Hmm....I never thought in-ears people would completely forgo a dedicated monitor--it doesn't have to be loud--but you really need that guitar vibrating a little bit. Otherwise the guitar is interactively dead & that's why I wrote what I wrote.

I suppose if you have to be put into that situation, you need a way to imitate feedback. But anyone who's ever watched a player "get feedback" sees that player interact with something to get the feedback. But times are a changin'. "Interactive feedback" without any interaction, coming from absolutely no where, no source, and engaged via a footswitch....might be the next coolest thing to see a performer do.

solo-act said:
But times are a changin'. "Interactive feedback" without any interaction, coming from absolutely no where, no source, and engaged via a footswitch....might be the next coolest thing to see a performer do.

If that feature would/could be a little like a Fernandez Sustainer, I think it could be very cool...

solo-act said:
Hmm....I never thought in-ears people would completely forgo a dedicated monitor--it doesn't have to be loud--but you really need that guitar vibrating a little bit. Otherwise the guitar is interactively dead & that's why I wrote what I wrote.

I suppose if you have to be put into that situation, you need a way to imitate feedback. But anyone who's ever watched a player "get feedback" sees that player interact with something to get the feedback. But times are a changin'. "Interactive feedback" without any interaction, coming from absolutely no where, no source, and engaged via a footswitch....might be the next coolest thing to see a performer do.

sustainiaks and ebows have been doing it for years.

danielodland said:
The day someone makes a preset/algo that really captures the sound/feel of an ebow, I'll be a happy guitarplayer.

I'd be very happy if someone not just made an algo sounding like an ebow, but like a polyphonic ebow / sustainer ;)

I'm not sure whether or not this is even possible in a way that sounds natural and real, but I would really like this feature for in-ear/no stage noise gigs. That is what I've really struggled with at those gigs.

I have no interest really in an unnatural or unique effect. I like the idea of simulating real feedback though if it's possible.

D

dk_ace said:
I'm not sure whether or not this is even possible in a way that sounds natural and real, but I would really like this feature for in-ear/no stage noise gigs. That is what I've really struggled with at those gigs.

I have no interest really in an unnatural or unique effect. I like the idea of simulating real feedback though if it's possible.

D

same for me!

The sustainer pickups are polyphonic? The reason the ebow isn't is just because of the design (one string fits in the crack). God, ever tried ebow on bass?.....btw, I tried my violin bow with some of the verby presets on the ULTRA, especially bank B....god...

danielodland said:
The sustainer pickups are polyphonic? The reason the ebow isn't is just because of the design (one string fits in the crack). God, ever tried ebow on bass?.....btw, I tried my violin bow with some of the verby presets on the ULTRA, especially bank B....god...
Yes and no. They work on all strings simultaneously, but it isn't hexaphonic (unlike the new Moog guitar). Funtionally, that translates to about the same effect you get putting your guitar in front of a loud speaker. Everything is feeding back, but eventually one pitch will tend to dominate the system.

Back
Top Bottom