Edit: Search Over, Winner- Mono 365 Case

I actually bought a used one from a friend. The middle divider is soft padded, so I could squeeze the AX into it. I, however, removed the middle part and now it fits like a glove! The bag is cheap, well built, has lots of pockets and fits two expression pedals in the front pocket!
IMG_4605.jpg
Three questions:

1) Is there still padding between the AX8 and the pedals?

2) With two pedals, is there room for cables, a small wireless and such?

3) Could you fit two EV-1s instead of the Missions?

Three questions:

1) Is there still padding between the AX8 and the pedals?

2) With two pedals, is there room for cables, a small wireless and such?

3) Could you fit two EV-1s instead of the Missions?

1)Yes. There is padding all around the AX8, even when I removed the middle part.
2) Yes, there's plenty of room left in other pockets and behind the AX8 itself if needed.
3)I don't know. I only have a mission, but two missions fits easily.

Cheers!
- jonah

The middle divider is soft padded, so I could squeeze the AX into it. I, however, removed the middle part and now it fits like a glove!
1)Yes. There is padding all around the AX8, even when I removed the middle part.
2) Yes, there's plenty of room left in other pockets and behind the AX8 itself if needed.
3)I don't know. I only have a mission, but two missions fits easily.

Cheers!
- jonah
Okay, now you have my attention. :)

Will you indulge me with one more question? The EV-1 is 1.5" longer and 3/8" wider than the Mission pedals. Do you still think two of them would fit in that front pocket?

@jonah I wondered if that middle divider might be removable to make room. Glad it fit!
It was a soft padding, sawn into the bag. I used a sharpie and a pair of scissors,
I think it did. :)

It was a soft padding divider, sawn into the bag. I used a sharpie and a pair of scissors to remove it.
First I cut an opening at the bottom of the divider with the sharpie. I wanted to see if I could only remove a part of the divider (which contains of two soft pads with a plastic plate between them) to keep the divider, but I ended up turning the inside of the bag inside out, and using a pair of scissors to remove the divider nicely. Worked great!

Cheers!
/jonah

Okay, now you have my attention. :)

Will you indulge me with one more question? The EV-1 is 1.5" longer and 3/8" wider than the Mission pedals. Do you still think two of them would fit in that front pocket?
Hmm, I don't know.
The EV-1 is a big pedal.
I can measure it for you when I get back from work, and give you a holler of what I think!

Cheers!
- jonah

@Rex It's 30 x 23 x 5,5 in cm so 11.8 x 9 x 2.15 inches.
Ooh. The height might make for a tight fit, but the height is no greater than that of the Mission pedals. Otherwise, both EV-1s should fit. Thanks for checking.

I wonder if they ship to the US for less than a king's ransom.

Last edited:
Alrightythen!

The 365 got here and my search is over. All the room I need and then some, and it isn't much bigger than the Producer briefcase style. By way of comparison, the 365 is not as wide as the Producer, by about the thickness of one of the Producer end pockets. It is taller, as you'd expect, by about a third. Again, for comparison, the Producer is wider than the 365 is tall. Size in this case is no issue. Think more square on the 365, more rectangle on the Producer. Either are easy to carry by the sturdy, comfortable handle.

Fit: Here are a couple of photos of things I quickly stuffed inside:

Photo 1: Everything in and closed up. No bulges or oddities.

Photo 2: The end of the AX8 and a large computer (more on that in a sec). Also note the upper front pocket has a cable storage strap that holds lots of cable, and the lower pocket...

Photo 3: ... that has two wireless transmitters and some cables, where another pocket inside has room for more. I put the full size 8.5x11 manual in there to show how wide it is. There's lots of room left where the transmitters are.

Photo 4: That is the AX8 and a MSI GT70 Dominator 17" laptop. There is actually room to put a Mission expression pedal beside the AX8 if I were pressed for space. I used the MSI as an example because it is twice the thickness of a Macbook, so you could see the room. There are actually two pockets on the laptop side, so you could carry a Macbook and an iPad if you wanted, or two MBPs, with plenty of room.

I didn't take pictures of it, but my Shure GTXD wireless power supply and receiver are in one side pocket, and my Mission EP-1 in the other (lots of room left above it for other do-dads).

The case has all the normal Mono appointments, and isn't cumbersome at all to carry in briefcase fashion. Of course, it also works as a backpack for longer hauls or when you don't have a spare hand. And the backpack mode has pads to keep your back cushioned and breathing, just like a good hiking pack would. Loaded up it is completely manageable, and I really like that I have room to put the few more things that inevitably pop up.

I decided to keep the Producer bag too, I am going to use it for my computer gear that travels with my StudioLive boards to keep it all safe and clean. Been a good December around the old music room!

I just ordered one of these based on the information here.
Man, there are a lot of choices. I'm looking for something that will protect the AX8 well.
Should be here in a week...

I just ordered one of these based on the information here.
Man, there are a lot of choices. I'm looking for something that will protect the AX8 well.
Should be here in a week...
It continues to protect mine very well, with plenty of room for all I carry with it. Not the smallest bag out, but perfect for what I do with it.

So the Mono 365 backpack case showed up today.
Looks like a high quality item with plenty of room for the AX8.
So as I am fitting the AX8 inside, I notice 2 pockets on the sides of this bag.
My EV-1 is within reach. I unzip the side pocket and... the EV-1 fits PERFECT in there!!!
I didn't see anyone mention this, but it is a big plus for me.
I try to keep all my gear in top notch condition so this is a real nice surprise.
The 365... with room for 2 EV-1's! :D

My EV-1 is within reach. I unzip the side pocket and... the EV-1 fits PERFECT in there!!!
I try to keep all my gear in top notch condition so this is a real nice surprise.
Thanks for posting this. This has been my one remaining question: can you get an EV-1 into each of the pockets? It seems like the EV-1 is just a touch too big for a lot of options. It's good to see the fit confirmed.

Thanks for clearing that up! There was room left around my Mission pedal, but I didn't have an EV-1 to test it with... I was doubtful. I may have to go ahead and get an EV-1 now!

This bag has served for all gigging with the AX8 so far (I normally use the XL+, but have used the AX-8 for a lot of gigs needing a quick and small setup) and has been the ticket. I'm happy to find it fits the EV-1 because I think that completes the circle for me.

Back
Top Bottom