'Edit Modifier' Improvements.... thread locked?

Yes, it does appear that way. Cool idea BTW. It may be that it opens up so much of a door into unpredictable processor usage requirements that even posting about it could lock up a DSP.

He didn't bump it that much really. Not sure why someone would lock it looking at the thread. I do support the Modifier improvement ideas in that thread, maybe Cliff can look in to it:)

You think 11 bumps in 6 months is excessive? I've seen more bumps than that in the sale section that never get locked. What is funny is I never even seen that thread until now haha. So maybe it's best to get your thread locked and post here to get others to actually see it LOL.

I don't know, it wasn't me who locked the thread.

Generally, it's better to PM a mod about their actions than to post publicly :)
I would have, but how am I supposed to know who locked it? A post as to why it was locked or a PM to me me would seem the way to go?

You think 11 bumps in 6 months is excessive? I've seen more bumps than that in the sale section that never get locked. What is funny is I never even seen that thread until now haha. So maybe it's best to get your thread locked and post here to get others to actually see it LOL.
The For Sale section is a different animal.

The For Sale section is a different animal.

Why keep it going? I agree with Moke, he wants to move on, and so does everyone else but you, This thread should be locked because it's going off topic, "don't you know the Sale section is a different animal" LOL

I know it's a different animal. So you don't get my point gotcha, let's agree to disagree, 11 bumps is not excessive in 6 months by this forums standards in any section feel better? Those standards I have been watching for many years, surely didn't need to be locked without a message to the OP from the person who did it, heck Mokes been a long time member now I don't know if he's been in any trouble like me on this site, but I've never seen it so unless Moke is some big trouble maker, the way that thread was locked with no message was pretty rude, and if I have to be even more frank for you to get my drift, it was much ruder than someone bumping a thread 11 times in 6 months imho. But hey opinions are like assholes everyone has one.

Moke seemed to follow the rules of the forum in that thread. Poor guy has been waiting almost a year for a yes or no. I am glad Moke posted here as I would of never seen his fantastic request even with those 11 bumps. I like the idea a lot, probably won't see them "hence the no response for 11 months" so I will leave it at that, time to move on:)

Why keep it going? I agree with Moke, he wants to move on, and so does everyone else but you, This thread should be locked because it's going off topic, "don't you know the Sale section is a different animal" LOL

I know it's a different animal. So you don't get my point gotcha, let's agree to disagree, 11 bumps is not excessive in 6 months by this forums standards in any section feel better? Those standards I have been watching for many years, surely didn't need to be locked without a message to the OP from the person who did it, heck Mokes been a long time member now I don't know if he's been in any trouble like me on this site, but I've never seen it so unless Moke is some big trouble maker, the way that thread was locked with no message was pretty rude, and if I have to be even more frank for you to get my drift, it was much ruder than someone bumping a thread 11 times in 6 months imho. But hey opinions are like assholes everyone has one.

Moke seemed to follow the rules of the forum in that thread. Poor guy has been waiting almost a year for a yes or no. I am glad Moke posted here as I would of never seen his fantastic request even with those 11 bumps. I like the idea a lot, probably won't see them "hence the no response for 11 months" so I will leave it at that, time to move on:)
Wow, off your meds dude?

Settle please.

And we will not always get answers on whether you'll get your 'Wish' or not. It should be enough that the owner of the company actually reads all of these requests. And from all past performance, when doable (and reasonable), he acts on it.

There is no need to get testy.

(And no, it wasn't me who locked it...but it should not matter.)

R

A post as to why it was locked or a PM to me me would seem the way to go?
This is a good approach that I've seen used in other forums.
If your thread or post is deleted/locked, you receive a PM from the respective mod with the reasons and the option to discuss if necessary. At the end of the day the mod can still uphold their decision, but at least you can seek clarification.

Maybe more effective than a simple terse "Bump" (which after a while is the internet equivalent of staring at someone while tapping your foot), would be an artful revival of a conversation... what are the use cases for having a super-long damping value? What are the use cases for a fancier modifier curve where the present feature doesn't let you achieve your artistic vision?

If the idea is to morph over time from one thing to another using the damping, then that can be accomplished with an ADSR. A long time damper would just be like fixing a value in one position, making the controller immune to your changes on a foot pedal for anything other than a slow delayed change when you move from one position to another and stay there (which is an ADSR). There could be some extra flexibility with a long damper... could use a foot pedal to have real-time emulation of different ADSR curves. But I'll bet in practice you could get pretty close to a desired sound just using a fixed ADSR. I would like to see an example of someone doing really interesting things with an ADSR like this, and then highlight how the limited variables of an ADSR are limiting their artistic creativity and vision.

Without that, I can't see a developer getting interested in making a change to the damping function. I suspect the main point of the damper was to limit CPU utilization from fast controller changes, and sound changes are an interesting side effect.

As for fancier curves for the controller mod... it's not crazily flexible but it is sufficiently rich for anything I can imagine needing with a foot pedal controller. The one place where I think a fancier modifier curve would be interesting is with scene controllers and using multiple variables affected by one controller. Ideally we want support for a different scene controller value for 8 different scenes, so that is 8 different points in a modifier curve that should ideally be adjustable to have arbitrary control of multiple parameter settings in different scenes. But for that use case, it might be more transparent and easier to use if we just had 4 or 8 scene controllers rather than jumping through hoops with weird modifier curves.

So I don't see a use case for fancier modifier curves either.

Back
Top Bottom