[edit] - bought the kemper bag, was: "still confused about FM9 bags"

I was ready to order the studioslips bag but then several posters said it was not a great fit and padded poorly.
I have double padded Studioslips FM9 and FM3 bags. The fit is perfect, but I agree about the padding. It’s nowhere near on the level of something like the Helix backpack. I would love something better but there’s just not much out there.

I bought a Helix Backpack a couple of months ago and i must admit that I don't really get the hype. Yes, the bag is well padded but to me it is too snug-tight once the bag is closed. You then hear the FM9's buttons getting pushed by the bag itself. And when you carry a laptop in the front compartment the laptop rests (almost) entirely on the FM9's buttons when the Bag is layed down or tilted. That's why I am currently looking for a hard-case solution. But that's just my two cents and maybe I'm holding it wrong ;).

With my FM9 attached to my pedal board I just ordered this. If anyone has used the Pelican AIR lmk what you think! Should be here in a few days will report back

Attachments

• IMG_5208.jpeg
    IMG_5208.jpeg
    577.8 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_5169.jpeg
    IMG_5169.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
I got the kemper bag today. Construction is flawless. No sloppy seams. Tons of padding. Much better than the Gator bags folks are using...

HOWEVER, the FM9 barely fits in it. I hope it loosens up a bit over time because currently, one corner of the bottom doesn't touch the bag of the bag when it's in the case...

I got the kemper bag today. Construction is flawless. No sloppy seams. Tons of padding. Much better than the Gator bags folks are using...

HOWEVER, the FM9 barely fits in it. I hope it loosens up a bit over time because currently, one corner of the bottom doesn't touch the bag of the bag when it's in the case...
I do remember It was a tight squeeze at first, but it seems the padding has adjusted to accommodate a device slightly wider than the Kemper Stage profiler. Now, it fits just right, with no trouble sliding the device in or out.

I do remember It was a tight squeeze at first, but it seems the padding has adjusted to accommodate a device slightly wider than the Kemper Stage profiler. Now, it fits just right, with no trouble sliding the device in or out.
thanks everyone for the recommendation. Love the kemper bag...

Can you fit EV2s in the pocket of that?

I have this gator camera bag now and it's got tons of space but it might as well be an amp head it's so big. I have been mulling over a smaller option. If I can get 2 EV2s in the pocket of that. And maybe a few cables....

Last edited:

I bought a Kemper bag recently and I also find the bag to be a really, really tight fit. Did your bag loosened up a bit? Right now i would probably send it bag and try to find an alternative...

Back
Top Bottom