[edit] - bought the kemper bag, was: "still confused about FM9 bags"

It says on sweet waters site that they will have more in a few weeks (helix backpack). I use one and can fit a mission exp pedal in there with the fm9 and the pocket has plenty of room for cables and what not.

If you are looking for something very practical i recommend Pedaltrain PT-M20-PSC-X. You basicly can go Hiking with it for hours and the fm9 is well protected!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Bild 2024-03-09 um 08.45.57_8f0f04ed.jpg
    WhatsApp Bild 2024-03-09 um 08.45.57_8f0f04ed.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 86
  • WhatsApp Bild 2024-03-09 um 08.45.58_cfb6fe3c.jpg
    WhatsApp Bild 2024-03-09 um 08.45.58_cfb6fe3c.jpg
    365.9 KB · Views: 82
  • WhatsApp Bild 2024-03-09 um 08.45.58_d1b88f23.jpg
    WhatsApp Bild 2024-03-09 um 08.45.58_d1b88f23.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 83
After spending hours perusing the fm9 case thread, i'm exhausted.

I was ready to order the studioslips bag but then several posters said it was not a great fit and padded poorly. One person recommended this bag but I just got it today and feel it's a slight step up from carrying the FM9 in a canvas grocery bag...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002GL7ZO

looking for non-hardshell option...

When you order a Studio Slip bag, you can specify the type of padding you want.

I was ready to order the studioslips bag but then several posters said it was not a great fit and padded poorly. One person recommended this bag but I just got it today and feel it's a slight step up from carrying the FM9 in a canvas grocery bag...
I have many of the Studio Slips bags, and they fit extremely well, and are padded very well, much better than cheap bags. I have multiple posts here showing the quality of their work and the fit.

If you don’t like the bag, then contact Studio Slips, and explain why. They’re awesome to work with and stand behind their products.

I have a couple of bags from other popular brands too, and stopped using them because the zippers failed making them useless, and the padding was spec’d poorly for the equipment being carried, to the point that it transmitted shock to the gear instead of protecting it.

After spending hours perusing the fm9 case thread, i'm exhausted.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002GL7ZO

looking for non-hardshell option...
Hey Jack, I'm using a Studioslips one for my FM9. I'm happy with the padding. It's not a giant fluffy pillow or anything, but it's protective. I had them make an oversized pocket on mine so I can fit a ton of extras in it. You're welcome to take a look at mine and see if you like it.

I have many of the Studio Slips bags, and they fit extremely well, and are padded very well, much better than cheap bags. I have multiple posts here showing the quality of their work and the fit.

If you don’t like the bag, then contact Studio Slips, and explain why. They’re awesome to work with and stand behind their products.

I have a couple of bags from other popular brands too, and stopped using them because the zippers failed making them useless, and the padding was spec’d poorly for the equipment being carried, to the point that it transmitted shock to the gear instead of protecting it.
I also have a lot of experience with Studio Slips and I totally agree. I've had them make a bunch of custom slips for me and they are super easy to work with. If you find the bag is not what you expected, it may just be that the amount of padding or exact nature of fit was miscommunicated. As a rule they tend to leave a little bit of extra room. I've had covers made where I gave slightly smaller dimensions to make sure it was snug. And it tends to take "double padding" to get heavy padding, which is why they have that as an option. Overall I think the bang for buck is huge with Studio Slips.

Hey Jack, I'm using a Studioslips one for my FM9. I'm happy with the padding. It's not a giant fluffy pillow or anything, but it's protective. I had them make an oversized pocket on mine so I can fit a ton of extras in it. You're welcome to take a look at mine and see if you like it.
thanks Jeremey. Did you get the shoulder straps or the messenger straps?

Back
Top Bottom