EBMM Majesty owners/ guitar tech

I'd wager that the knife edges or posts have a bit of damage causing the guitar to not return to zero consistently. I'm about to drop $500 on this exact same issue on a 7 string Majesty.

Yeah I'm still battling that fucking B string right now. Yesterday when I got home I had to change the high e string because it broke so I went ahead and replaced the B string as well. While I was at it the tremolo plate wasn't flush with the body of the guitar so I aligned that up right. This was not right before changing the strings.

I checked the neck and it had no relief, you couldn't even put a business card under the strings. No movement at all when pressing down on the strings to check for relief.

After stretching the strings until they stay in tune I thought id try the tremolo again. The moment I use the tremolo out of tune it goes. When I bend the string it goes back in tune. And it's just the B string. So I'm going to check the tuner as it seems a bit loose compared to the others. Than going with the obvious (cause what else could it be?)

Yestersay I bought some big bend nuts sause online should be getting that in the next day or so. If that doesn't work it has to be the nut as others are saying. Just seems odd one string.

Trust me guys I'm listening just going through the process of elimination.

I'd wager that the knife edges or posts have a bit of damage causing the guitar to not return to zero consistently. I'm about to drop $500 on this exact same issue on a 7 string Majesty.
Hmm. This is a brand new guitar. And the second one they've sent me. How old is your guitar and have you always had this issue?

Hmm. This is a brand new guitar. And the second one they've sent me. How old is your guitar and have you always had this issue?
Mines a 2019. However, it was damaged while in the case. The Majesty cases are designed to fit the guitar with the arm on it. This however leaves is suspectable to damage, which is what happened to mine. Force was applied to the top of the case, which transfered to the trem arm, and pushed the bearing edge down on the post, falling both and making it not return to zero. Not the best design, and I have seen harder grade knife edges on other builds. Still the best production guitar out the right now.

I had problems keeping my 2017 Majesty in tune for a year or two.
So much so, that I hardly used it. I didn't hear it pinging at the nut, so I didn't mess with that.

After trying a couple different string brands, and thoroughly stretching the strings, it's been pretty stable.
I haven't had to use nut sauce yet. One thing I find is I have to adjust the neck nearly every week.
It's all over the place.

When you changed the B string, did the ball on the new string fit in the channel like the rest?
If not, the Bridge may be defective.

Contact EB Support. They just helped me out with some electronic issues.

I had problems keeping my 2017 Majesty in tune for a year or two.
So much so, that I hardly used it. I didn't hear it pinging at the nut, so I didn't mess with that.

After trying a couple different string brands, and thoroughly stretching the strings, it's been pretty stable.
I haven't had to use nut sauce yet. One thing I find is I have to adjust the neck nearly every week.
It's all over the place.

When you changed the B string, did the ball on the new string fit in the channel like the rest?
If not, the Bridge may be defective.

Contact EB Support. They just helped me out with some electronic issues.
Well shit this doesn't sound to promising. Yeah the ball on the string went in as it should with no issues.

This guitar will stay in tune without the tremolo. Once I put the arm on its over.

I'm going to contact EB later today and I'm about to call where I got the guitar from and see what they can do even though my experience so far with them has sucked.

Good luck man. I really wanted to like the guitar but it was fighting me all the way.
It has finally settled in and I use it on gigs frequently.

I had a problem with my push push tone Pot. Contacted EB for a replacement,
and they sent me an entire Ver 2. electronics package, including main board, all
wiring, new pots/knobs, jack, toggle switches and back plate. Way above & beyond.

Good luck man. I really wanted to like the guitar but it was fighting me all the way.
It has finally settled in and I use it on gigs frequently.

I had a problem with my push push tone Pot. Contacted EB for a replacement,
and they sent me an entire Ver 2. electronics package, including main board, all
wiring, new pots/knobs, jack, toggle switches and back plate. Way above & beyond.
Thanks man! Glad it finally worked out for you.

Now that is some awesome customer service right there, wow. Very hard to find these days.

My experience has been with JP15s - same trem system

Sent one back to EBMM for the same tuning instability you describe. They replaced a lot of parts, including the entire neck. It was better but not good enough to play with on stage. I ended up sending it down the road.

I still have a BFR JP15. I do several things to keep it in tune and it does pretty well. I use Big Bends Nut Sauce every string change. Put it on the nut, the saddles, and the pivot edge of both pivot screws.

One thing I noticed when I bought the guitar - the tuners were adjusted pretty snug. They were to the point of feeling "bindy". At one point I loosened them so they felt smooth to turn and my tuning stability went to hell. Tightened them back up and everything was good again.

The way you tune the guitar has a BIG effect on stability, esp the first time you use the bar. This is true with every floating system I own including PRSs. When you tune, bring each string up to pitch, then give the bar a wiggle. This relieves any imbalances in tension and they'll go out of tune again. After the first pass, I adjust each string and give the bar a shake, they generally go sharp after the shake. Then tune em a little flat and give the bar another shake. They'll usually rise to somewhere around correct pitch. I do this over and over on each string until they return to correct pitch after the bar shake. It takes a few minutes but they generally stay in tune for an entire show now

I feel your pain brother. A guitar that expensive should stay in tune. Wondering if the EBMM tuners have a nylon gear.

Feel free to PM if you need a better explanation. My method has worked for me

Last edited:
The nut is usually the issue and often too much wrap on the tuners. The bridge is very good and almost never the issue.
The compensated nut is a PITA for adding friction differently to different strings. It needs to be perfect and lubed to work, complete with the minimum of wrap on the tuners.

The nut is usually the issue and often too much wrap on the tuners. The bridge is very good and almost never the issue.
The compensated nut is a PITA for adding friction differently to different strings. It needs to be perfect and lubed to work, complete with the minimum of wrap on the tuners.
At this point it has to be the nut as I've checked out everything I can think of. And sadly the tech who set this up is stumped and doesn't have a clue what it could be, he didn't even mention the nut. I guess if you can't put a string on right.....

Guess I should've went with my gut and set it up myself as I would of know what was done to the guitar.

As for the wrap around the strings those look to be right. I have ordered the same strings that came with this guitar from the manufacturer. Right now I can't blame the guitar but how it was setup. It wasn't setup to use the tremolo bar because the moment I pushed it in the guitar went out of tune.

Any helpful tips as to the best way to fix the nut issue?

Last edited:
Lift each string in the slot and see if the clearance is there. There must be absolutely no pinching on the sides of the slots. then check that the slots are clean with no burrs. The back of the nut slots ( headstock side ) should gently fall away but not as to make the slot contact too short and the front should be not too sharp. Not graduated in any way but not a hard right angle that can catch in the windings (slightly rounded off.) Now a good teflon based lube.

As a life-long Floyd Rose user, I was VERY skeptical of not having a locking nut. That being said, my Majesty stays in tune beautifully throughout a full rehearsal or gig. As everyone has pointed out it's either
1. The strings aren't fully stretched
2. There there is binding up in either the nut or the trem.

Same. My JP6 stays in tune as well as my Floyd guitars, which is usually spot on. Maybe the Majesty necks are a little thinner and that's causing some grief.

Hey there

Plain pencil graphite is really great on the nut and trem, that should help you out with the tuning.

Cheers

Last edited:
So just an update. I still need to do a few minor tweaks but it plays and stays in tune way better! Turns out even though you might not hear the "pling" noise, take the time to pull up on the strings like Andy has stated. Do this up by the nut. That's how I found out my B string was hanging.
I believe after a little bit more lightly sanding with wet/dry sand paper really fine grade, staying in tune shouldn't be a problem!

Back
Top Bottom