Easy instrumental song suggestions?

Van Halen’s “Balucheterium” is actually a great tune, fun to play through, and not too difficult. Latter day Ed FTMFW.

Latter day is not what I'm familiar with... I was done with VH after the first few albums with Hagar.

But I'll give it a listen.

Well it seems like surf guitar rules my brain for instrumentals, but I had forgotten about The Shadows. Check out 'Apache' or 'Riders in the Sky'.

Another iconic song you might be able to manage an instrumental take on is 'Wicked Game'. It's also just fun.

Last edited:
how about "Cavatina"? You know its the theme from the movie "Deer Hunter" I always loved that melody, you can play it sentimental or juice it up I'm guessing.

Hey there @unix-guy

this one is known by many and simple to play .. the whole band can join in

EDIT: came to thought that you requested instrumental tunes... could this song be a instrumental only and still be nice to listen to?

Anyway.. it will be quite a great performance with or without a singer ;)

Last edited:
The Bill Frisell album “All We Are Saying …” which is a collection of John Lennon songs is interesting in that he doesn’t use the songs as a vehicle for improvisation but sticks to the melodies.

Last edited:
I wonder how hard it would be to find the music used when on hold. There are a number of pretty cool on hold music instrumentals that are written so that they can be looped ad infinitum. A loop or two through one of those would be amusing.... ;)

Hey there @unix-guy

this one is known by many and simple to play .. the whole band can join in

EDIT: came to thought that you requested instrumental tunes... could this song be a instrumental only and still be nice to listen to?

Anyway.. it will be quite a great performance with or without a singer ;)

I actually really like that song... Especially the original, but also the 1 guitar version.

Might be interesting to do without vocals but no way on 1 guitar :)

Or the theme from the original Munsters
The Munsters always went over very well for us. We did an entire TV show collage and people loved it.
The Intro of Chips, Fat Albert, and Barney Miller (as mentioned) all have stellar bass lines.
My favorite to play is the theme song from Taxi. It's such a great song.
We got a great reaction from the theme song from Swat as well. The wah part is one of the best.

Edit* I almost forgot the theme song from Austin Powers. Everyone loves that tune and it's so fun to play.

Oh... That might be interesting!

That reminds me of the theme to Sanford and Son. Of which Michael Lee Firkins does a great cover.

I just learned the other day that Quincy Jones wrote the Sanford and Son theme. Is there anything he hasn’t done?

Back
Top Bottom