Easy instrumental song suggestions?

Cissy Strut - the Meters
Freeway Jam - Jeff Beck
Cissy Strut makes me nuts when done normally, but Simon McBride has a version of it that I love; I think it's what The Meters would have come up with if they wrote it today.

Freeway Jam is great.

I also highly recommend Billy Cobham's Stratus; Tommy Bolin was on fire. Again, Simon McBride does a really good cover of it. Stratus needs a bass player who can nail down the pattern and not let up on it.

Miles Davis "All Blues" and "So What" are some of my favorites for easy jazz that can be pushed in all sorts of improvisation directions.

There should be an instrumental list (might end up being a bit long though!) because I've loved listening to the suggestions.

My covid lockdown instrumental tunes to learn were Geoff Whitehorn's "The Doodle" and " PG Tips".

"PG tips with improv"

No "James Bond" suggestions yet!!

Last edited:
I had my songs set to shuffle in my car and this came on; had totally forgotten about it. This would be fun if you could set up a 'call and response' with another band mate.

If my guitar would sound like that like on 0:37, I would definately be in seduction to tune it (and probably make an *rs of myself saying this here) but great song good call

Cheers

Not sure if you're still looking for ideas, but I just posted this in another thread and thought of you...

Not sure if you're still looking for ideas, but I just posted this in another thread and thought of you...

I think this was already mentioned earlier in the thread...

We kind of settled on the following (so far) but honestly haven't done much yet aside from jamming a bit:

Cissy Strut
Tequila
People Get Ready

Back
Top Bottom