Dynamically control settings with footcontroller?

Dynamically change parameters via footcontrol

• Total voters

jonah

Inspired
I think it would be great if we could control all parameters with the footcontroller... let me explain.

Let's say that you click a record button on the Axe-Fx with your footcontroller in the start position.
Then you change the parameters that you want to change within your patch, set your footcontroller to the end position end press "stop recording".

This would mean that you can set your patch to be, for example, a rythm tone with a little reverb, chorus and a delay block with a 0 mix.
When slowly pressing your footcontroller to the maxposition, you could, for example, gradually decrease the verb and chorus, increase the gain on your amp, increase the volume on your amp and increase the mix of the delay.

I had an old Zoom 9030 way back in the day, and I could control some parameters like that.

Would this be possible Cliff?

Cheers!
- jonah

Re: Contol settings with footcontroller?

Where's the poll?

Anyway, you can get the same end result now. The Axe-Fx doesn't have such a "record" function, but you can easily attach the controller to relevant mix and volume parameters.

Beefcake said:
Where's the poll?

Anyway, you can get the same end result now. The Axe-Fx doesn't have such a "record" function, but you can easily attach the controller to relevant mix and volume parameters.

Added a poll... thanks!

But you cannot add the controller to the drive for example, so that you can go from, lets say 4.5 to 8 when pressing the controller, while you at the same time increase the delay time on your delay?

Cheers!
- jonah

jonah said:
Beefcake said:
Where's the poll?

Added a poll... thanks!

But you cannot add the controller to the drive for example, so that you can go from, lets say 4.5 to 8 when pressing the controller, while you at the same time increase the delay time on your delay?

Cheers!
- jonah

Yes, you can. Just set them to the same external controller and individually adjust each start, mid, end parameter. You can even make up effect parameter go down while the other goes up.
If you want the change to be more gradual use the damp parameter. this will give you up to second to transition from one position to the other.

javajunkie said:
jonah said:
Beefcake said:
Where's the poll?

Added a poll... thanks!

Cheers!
- jonah

Yes, you can. Just set them to the same external controller and individually adjust each start, mid, end parameter. You can even make up effect parameter go down while the other goes up.
If you want the change to be more gradual use the damp parameter. this will give you up to second to transition from one position to the other.

Ah, I didn't know that. Thanks! :)
(but the idea of a recordbutton was pretty cool, huh?)

Cheers!
- jonah

Back
Top Bottom