Dynamic and harmonic drive

So pretty much love using the Hiwatt and CA3+ clean amps. I've been trying to recreate a few tones that I currently use with my analog setup and have had a certain amount of joy using the FET Boost into the Tube Driver (4 knob), but I'm interested to hear what you guys use to get really nice mid gain, harmonically rich and dynamic drive tones for your solos?

Part of me wants to try using a few amps to see if I can get the same tone but don't know where to start.

Analog chain... PRS 24 > Sliderig compressor > Buffalo TD-X (tube driver clone) > Laney Lionheart

To emulate the Sliderig I've been putting a fast RMS studio comp block after the cab block with a 4:1 ratio, attack around 30ms and release at 100ms.

In conjunction with various drives in front of the amp block, a fairly heavy post compression gets the singing drive like the Sliderig.

If you try running drives parallel to each other into the amp block, that may help you reach your goal too.

Sometimes feeding one drive block into another drive block creates a mushy tone rather than a singing tone.

Back
Top Bottom